Train Name Sign

WigWagWorkshop

Good Day Crew!

Made this Steve Good Pattern for my Grandson, we painted it in his favorite colors. Please note that this is made by hand, on my Scroll Saw.  I have 4 more projects lined up for my Grandson, including some cool toys.

21060133874_598ab6a94a_b.jpg

-Steven

You have some nice skills there.....Your going to be superman in the eyes of your grandson :)

• Like 1

Nice, what kind of scroll saw do you have?

The DeWalt DW788 of course LOL...  It's the best model out there for the price, since the next step up is a $1000+ dollars.  Delta makes a similar one in the same price range, and shares many of the same parts has the DeWalt DW788, but I been reading a lot of negative reviews on the Delta model.

-Steven

That is the kind of cool stuff that is missing today. Heart and soul, meaningful stuff they will have for a long time. Looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did a lot of the same things when the boys were young, and Brandon (the one that was in the hospital) enjoys making walking sticks, and wood burning now - he's 17.  I also made some cars and trucks for my Grandson, and he plays with them more then those fancy plastic ones with all the light and loud noises.

That's awesome Wigwag. My grandpa used to make all kinds of toys for us in his woodshop. It was pretty cool really, now that he is gone I still have most if not all of the things he made me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That's cool that you still have stuff your Grandpa made.  Aiden really enjoys playing with everything I have made for him so far, can't wait till he gets a little older, and can come into the shop.

awesome job dude, I know how time consuming that can be...have you ever thought about a pantograph?

I don't mind the time it takes, I just enjoy being in the workshop and especially the sanding process, has it's very therapeutic.  I sort of get in a "zone", when sanding by hand and its's one thing in my workshop that won't cause serious injury when i'm not 100% focused (I am always 110% focused when using any power tools). I will have to look into a pantograph, could be a useful tool for the workshop. 

I don't mind the time it takes, I just enjoy being in the workshop and especially the sanding process, has it's very therapeutic. I sort of get in a "zone", when sanding by hand and its's one thing in my workshop that won't cause serious injury when i'm not 100% focused (I am always 110% focused when using any power tools). I will have to look into a pantograph, could be a useful tool for the workshop.

I have seen guys with some great woodworking skills, but they skimped on the sanding and it totally ruined what they were making.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Looks great!!! What type, brand, of paint brush are you using to paint with??

Nothing special, the paint is just .49 craft acrylic with a few drops of Liquitex leveling agent, then a few coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic to seal it. The brushes are contemporary craft.  Since these are just kids toys, I personally think it looks good enough. However, for my other small woodworking projects the require a colorful painted finish, I use my Airbrush to apply the paint in several thin coats.

-Steven

Nothing special, the paint is just .49 craft acrylic with a few drops of Liquitex leveling agent, then a few coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic to seal it. The brushes are contemporary craft.  Since these are just kids toys, I personally think it looks good enough. However, for my other small woodworking projects the require a colorful painted finish, I use my Airbrush to apply the paint in several thin coats.

-Steven

It looks like a good smooth finish, keep up the good work.