Help make my klien look good

suretyler97

Lesson learned: don't trust your buddy and his Dremel, next time if you have tool rust try using Coca-Cola and soak it over night, it takes light rust right off. Not sure what you can do other than maybe getting a buffing wheel with a little polishing compound, or extort him for some new tools.

Best of luck,

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lesson learned: don't trust your buddy and his Dremel, next time if you have tool rust try using Coca-Cola and soak it over night, it takes light rust right off. Not sure what you can do other than maybe getting a buffing wheel with a little polishing compound, or extort him for some new tools.

Best of luck,

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New is not a option they have some personal value they carried me through my apprenticeship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The best thing to clean your pliers with is a heavy duty scotch brite pad and wd40. That's what Klein recommends in their website. You should never use anything that will scratch the metal as is will oxidize very quickly.

You will need to use something to grind it down nice and even, then something smooth it out and buff it a little, then treat with wd40 or another water displacement oil or lube.

I wouldn't start with rough sandpaper, I would start with 400gt emery cloth with some crisco cooking oil, then got to 600gt then once you have removed the scratches go with scotch brite.....

Based on the first pic, I'd agree but in looking at the second pic...that looks rather deep. Think he'd be there all day with 400 grit, just my opinion.

Hope it works for you man. At least now you will have a funny story to go along with them when you pass them down to your kids some day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well I won't be having kids anytime soon me and my gf broke up[emoji29][emoji29]

I went to my Nephew's 6th birthday party, a lot of his school friends were there...be glad you won't be having kids soon, they are monsters.

I don't the think it be that bad to have a son my brother has a kid and he a carpenter so he shot s him stuff