Picked up a Milwaukee tool box

rrich1

Went to HD and they had gotten two sets in that day as well as a bottom that was already sold. Decided to bite the bullet at the price of $698 plus tax. Got it loaded up and took it home. Took out the bottom box last night and got the rest set up today. Still transitioning stuff from the old box to the new one. At work now so I will finish it up later. I'm sure I'll be moving stuff around multiple times before I'm happy with it. It is a big step up from my Craftsman box.

post-50861-144599045774_thumb.jpgpost-50861-144599050407_thumb.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

oh man I'm jealous, congrats and enjoy that bad boy!!! I'm still kicking around to get one or not due to ceiling height in my tool shed......

Question for you.....Can the top lid be removed??

From what I remember it looked to have a long piano hinge held on my bolts. I'll take a closer look in a few hours when I go on lunch and get back to you.

That is on the list of things I want to get is a bigger toolbox my current one is like yours a tiny little Craftsman :(

Congrats on your new purchase!!!

same here Jason this Bebe is on my wish list this one or the husky but more this one ;) Big congrats on the awesome milwaukee box rrich!!

oh man I'm jealous, congrats and enjoy that bad boy!!! I'm still kicking around to get one or not due to ceiling height in my tool shed......

Question for you.....Can the top lid be removed??

You could just put bumpers on the lid where it would contact the ceiling or alternatively attach a bungee to the loop inside the lid to the pegboard inside to limit the ROM of the lid...

You could just put bumpers on the lid where it would contact the ceiling or alternatively attach a bungee to the loop inside the lid to the pegboard inside to limit the ROM of the lid...

That or attach them to the 2 x 4.....As you can see from the picture things are tight, and after re- measuring everything it looks like I have a bit over 68 inches from the floor to the top plate so this gives me just enough space to fit the tool box with the lid open all the way but with out the wheels......however that's measuring the vertical, then there are the two angles of the lid which adds approx. 4 more inches of height but when I take in account for the roof angle it appears the lid will need to be closed only about 2 1/2 inches.....overall I think I could live with the situation......

post-51163-0-58319100-1446040392_thumb.j

That or attach them to the 2 x 4.....As you can see from the picture things are tight, and after re- measuring everything it looks like I have a bit over 68 inches from the floor to the top plate so this gives me just enough space to fit the tool box with the lid open all the way but with out the wheels......however that's measuring the vertical, then there are the two angles of the lid which adds approx. 4 more inches of height but when I take in account for the roof angle it appears the lid will need to be closed only about 2 1/2 inches.....overall I think I could live with the situation......

toolshed124.JPG

It's tight but looks well organized. I think I'm going to have to steal your idea of hanging the Milwaukee zipper pouches. Just ring clips on a piece of wood? Can't tell from the pic.

Question...I got a strip of pad with sticky on the back. What is that used for? To attach the top pads to keep from moving?

Yeah I think so, I didn't bother using it, the texture of the toolbox's powdercoat is practically like sandpaper so I don't see the pad moving much but maybe if you were just using the bottom box with the included pad it might make it more secure.

That or attach them to the 2 x 4.....As you can see from the picture things are tight, and after re- measuring everything it looks like I have a bit over 68 inches from the floor to the top plate so this gives me just enough space to fit the tool box with the lid open all the way but with out the wheels......however that's measuring the vertical, then there are the two angles of the lid which adds approx. 4 more inches of height but when I take in account for the roof angle it appears the lid will need to be closed only about 2 1/2 inches.....overall I think I could live with the situation......

attachicon.giftoolshed124.JPG

It looks like it might be a nice spot for a skylight to let a little sunshine on your Milwaukee box and give a little more headroom, that or put a nice new gable on that side of the shed :P

It's tight but looks well organized. I think I'm going to have to steal your idea of hanging the Milwaukee zipper pouches. Just ring clips on a piece of wood? Can't tell from the pic.

Its about as good as I can get with the limited space. Replacing the three craftsman stacks with two Milwaukee stacks will actually gain me a bit more drawer space so things could be bettered yet......The hooks are just large cup hooks attached to a piece of wood, works well for my needs and takes far less room, plus I'm not fond of keeping my cordless stuff in the tool box drawers, loose lot's of space.

It looks like it might be a nice spot for a skylight to let a little sunshine on your Milwaukee box and give a little more headroom, that or put a nice new gable on that side of the shed :P

Ha.....funny thing is when I got the shed I had the choice of a different roof lay out and taller, I know better next time I guess ???