Dewalt xr 1/2 impact wrench... Or The fuel 1/2 in wrench?

Petro0311

They are about the same power wise, but I believe the Dewalt is smaller. It's one of those things where it makes the most sense to buy in your battery platform. Before the new Dewalt XR it was Milwaukee all the way for high torque wrenches

• Like 1

Personally Ime a millwakee fuel fan. There impacts are top notch in my oppoion. I have the 3/8 an 1/2 m18 fuel impacts. Both work great. For cordless there power is expectional. Majority of the bolts out there don't stand up to either.

Realistically dewalt could probably do it but I stick with the m18 battery platform.

I have both platforms more yellow than red but red really is catching up, don't have the new Dewalt Impact wrench so I can't say anything about that one but I do have the 2763 1/2 fuel from team red and it truly is a beast!! Not one single problem yet and it gets used a lot at a auto body shop, gets a lot of attention from our customers they're always amazed at the power this baby has!! I wouldn't mind getting the new Dewalt wrench though ;)

• Like 1

I have both platforms more yellow than red but red really is catching up, don't have the new Dewalt Impact wrench so I can't say anything about that one but I do have the 2763 1/2 fuel from team red and it truly is a beast!! Not one single problem yet and it gets used a lot at a auto body shop, gets a lot of attention from our customers they're always amazed at the power this baby has!! I wouldn't mind getting the new Dewalt wrench though ;)

Farm and fleet has $35 off the baretool, I'm going to make a phone call to them tomorrow because they have a trade in deal going on, not sure when it if I could even make it to a farm and fleet but the link for the ad is under the tool deals threads.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

before the power storm of batteries we didn't have this problem.......

The kicker is that they all run on the same 18 volt platform. Even the "20V MAX" that I'm so invested in. Some inspired entrepreneur could make a killing with a universal battery adapter. It wouldn't be much more than a plastic housing either.

• Like 1

The kicker is that they all run on the same 18 volt platform. Even the "20V MAX" that I'm so invested in. Some inspired entrepreneur could make a killing with a universal battery adapter. It wouldn't be much more than a plastic housing either.

Some doesn't because of the lawsuits you would receive. Power tool companies know that you want to stick to one platform once your invested in it. They want you locked into their brand.

I only have Dewalt and Milwaukee platforms so between the two it's all I need. Makita will prob only have the best for a couple weeks haha. I'm sure Milwaukee already has something better to crush the competition right away.

I wouldnt be so sure of that.. they seem to have missed the mark on their fuel 2 impact and drill when compared real world to the stuff makita has had out for 6 months to a year already...

either way the big 4 will compete until we are all broke!

there should be no reason I need to buy a newer version just because of a little more power....for example the m18 fuel drill/driver impact kit I have .......should last me until they have a version that comes with a battery that has a 5 day run time or up and dies out of warranty in order for me to justify.

I have tools my father bought in the early 60's bet they weren't thinking of buying new every 4 months.....

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a DCF899 and I must say I'm impressed, if you have the Dewalt line you won't be disappointed, from what I found online the Dewalt is a little smaller than the Milwaukee but both seem to have similar power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get my hands on one, still running the 889 but I'm waiting for the new 3 speed impact to come out first.

Jimbo

I have both (400 ft-lbs version), the dcf899 is a 3 speed impact, or you talking about the new 1/4in 3 speed impact? The 889 is much narrower and longer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry should have specified the 887 with the 1/4 hex.

Jimbo