anyone buy the new mini blower DCE100B?

framer

I currently have the Makita small handheld blower. I am seriously eyeing the DeWalt if it is any better as 90% of my tools/batteries are DeWalt. The blowers appear to be nearly identical though.

The small blower is pretty identical to the Makita and Milwaukee... If you need something more powerful the 20v DCBL720P1 has 4X the power at 400 CFM. 

The small blower is pretty identical to the Makita and Milwaukee... If you need something more powerful the 20v DCBL720P1 has 4X the power at 400 CFM. 

Well, yes and no. CFM doesn't really equate to power in this comparison. The bigger blower has 4x CFM but also has a orface that's probably 6 times the size of the little guy. Haven't seen any wind speed ratings for the little one but if they're equal this little one might actually have more push than the big one. Surface area, CFM, wind speed...there's a lot of factors. 

I have the bigger 20v blower. Love it! Use it all the time in the garage and after mowing. I use the smaller Makita for high velocity air movement to clean off my tools after use. Keep it in the work trailer or workshop. 

DeWalt DCBL720      -     400 CFM        90 MPH

Makita DUB182Z       -      91 CFM       179 MPH

Milwaukee 0884-20 -   100 CFM     160 MPH

DeWalt DCE100    -   100 CFM     135 MPH

Ridgid R860430    -   280 CFM     100 MPH

Having just put this together and looking at all the specs I think I will stick with my Makita as it has the fastest moving air speed which helps with sawdust removal from my tools. I will say that I think DeWalt really missed the mark on this one. They were last to the small blower game and came with a design matching that of the 8+ year old design of the Makita. It's a shame they didn't up the specs or run time with a brushless model. None the less, it is great to finally have the small blower option in the 20v lineup as it is extremely handy.

I still want to try it out.  

I have the bigger 20v blower. Love it! Use it all the time in the garage and after mowing. I use the smaller Makita for high velocity air movement to clean off my tools after use. Keep it in the work trailer or workshop. 

DeWalt DCBL720      -     400 CFM        90 MPH

Makita DUB182Z       -      91 CFM       179 MPH

Milwaukee 0884-20 -   100 CFM     160 MPH

DeWalt DCE100    -   100 CFM     135 MPH

Ridgid R860430    -   280 CFM     100 MPH

Having just put this together and looking at all the specs I think I will stick with my Makita as it has the fastest moving air speed which helps with sawdust removal from my tools. I will say that I think DeWalt really missed the mark on this one. They were last to the small blower game and came with a design matching that of the 8+ year old design of the Makita. It's a shame they didn't up the specs or run time with a brushless model. None the less, it is great to finally have the small blower option in the 20v lineup as it is extremely handy.

I still want to try it out.  

This supports my theory then, smaller orifice, higher wind speed means the small blower is actually more powerful (useful power) at a smaller surface area than the big blower. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm torn between the mini and the XR

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbo the XR 20v is awesome I have the similar milwaukee one and the 20v XR blower and the XR blower is my go to all the time for garage and yard it really does a great job, this new Dewalt blower looks great but I feel I wouldn't use it much.

I got that blower Monday and it is great for what I bought it for which is blowing saw dust off of my tablesaw and miter saw and blowing dust  out of the garage in general. It's not for yard work. That would be a larger blower. It is a good size for the garage and has plenty of power for that.

• Like 1

Jimbo the XR 20v is awesome I have the similar milwaukee one and the 20v XR blower and the XR blower is my go to all the time for garage and yard it really does a great job, this new Dewalt blower looks great but I feel I wouldn't use it much.

I got that blower Monday and it is great for what I bought it for which is blowing saw dust off of my tablesaw and miter saw and blowing dust out of the garage in general. It's not for yard work. That would be a larger blower. It is a good size for the garage and has plenty of power for that.

Well shit thanks a lot guys now I have to go buy one of each!

[emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

Jimbo

• 3 weeks later...

Well shit thanks a lot guys now I have to go buy one of each!

[emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

Jimbo

No Problem Jimbo. That is one thing about the CREW we like to spend other Crew members money. We like to see that everybody is happy.

• Like 1