All New Shelving for The Shop Coming....

comp56

got a phone call from my daughter this evening, she is renovating a 147 room old age housing unit and was clearing out some stuff they were throwing/giving away.

I ended up with 30 - 24"x48" 5/8" thick MDF sheets and 8 same size melamine sheets plus 20 - 20"x20" smaller pieces.

I will be making some new shelving for the shop........

20151206_231705.jpg

20151206_231723.jpg

• Like 2

I see a lot of dust in your future. Nice work

thanks best way to cut MDF is on the band saw.....way less dust and with dust collection on band saw almost nothing, anything else circular saw, table saw, router ect ect the whole shop would be like a fire extinguisher went off.....

worked on the shop a bit more added another top shelf and also a 14 foot bench, trimmed with black ash......more on top shelving but going to leave a space for drill press then continue on then add some lower shelving below bench yet...

20151209_151740.jpg

got a bit more done, added a one piece corner shelf, kinda tricky to fit it in the corner hoping the 2 walls were square but then I remembered I put them there 15 yrs ago.....lol

20151212_150458.jpg

20151212_160020.jpg

• Like 1