What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Nice haul John, that m12 screw driver is awesome! I see you got ryobi drill bits too those are nice I have an older version of that kit probably just changed the box around and those daredevil spades won't let you down either. Also if you get tired of that m18 light send it my way!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey John sweet stack of goodies!!

Did your stuff just come today? I ordered mine for that sale too, but mine came last Thursday, didn't know if there was that big of difference in shipping times

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice haul John, that m12 screw driver is awesome! I see you got ryobi drill bits too those are nice I have an older version of that kit probably just changed the box around and those daredevil spades won't let you down either. Also if you get tired of that m18 light send it my way!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know Jimbo, you have to fight it out with Knarlycarl for my stuff. Lol. [emoji39]

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 2

Hey John sweet stack of goodies!!

Did your stuff just come today? I ordered mine for that sale too, but mine came last Thursday, didn't know if there was that big of difference in shipping times

You know there must be,

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

d80b377a42704ce22f97d9128062d270.jpg

So I picked up a few things today. I grabbed a Swanson rafter square and an impact holster. Then I went down to my favorite place to get my fix. Well in a different thread I found out about some Ridgid wrenches from KnarlyCarl and thought they must be expensive, but then I got schooled by someone.

I saw orange pipe wrenches this style and thought, "wth I'll take one for 40 or so dollars after the mark-up" Well when I went to pay I found out I wasn't holding a Ridgid, I was holding a proto. When they told me it was a $60 wrench I did this stupid thing that I do and just swallowed my vomit and nonchalantly purchased it like that's what I expected. For some reason I can't bring myself to tell them to go to shove it and leave without buying something. It's the reason I have so many tools.

• Like 2

d80b377a42704ce22f97d9128062d270.jpg

So I picked up a few things today. I grabbed a Swanson rafter square and an impact holster. Then I went down to my favorite place to get my fix. Well in a different thread I found out about some Ridgid wrenches from KnarlyCarl and thought they must be expensive, but then I got schooled by someone.

I saw orange pipe wrenches this style and thought, "wth I'll take one for 40 or so dollars after the mark-up" Well when I went to pay I found out I wasn't holding a Ridgid, I was holding a proto. When they told me it was a $60 wrench I did this stupid thing that I do and just swallowed my vomit and nonchalantly purchased it like that's what I expected. For some reason I can't bring myself to tell them to go to shove it and leave without buying something. It's the reason I have so many tools.

Hey man meant to ask you about that wrench, how is the bottom jaw fastened to the body of the wrench? Ridgid uses a cap screw through the top of the jaw which leaves a hole in the middle. Its my only gripe because sometimes im wrenching on a fitting and the ridge/shoulder at the edge of the fitting slips right in that hole and then there's no grip. I'll have to post pic of what I mean

Hey man meant to ask you about that wrench, how is the bottom jaw fastened to the body of the wrench? Ridgid uses a cap screw through the top of the jaw which leaves a hole in the middle. Its my only gripe because sometimes im wrenching on a fitting and the ridge/shoulder at the edge of the fitting slips right in that hole and then there's no grip. I'll have to post pic of what I mean

It looks to be a pin pressed in. 7929204df201be02fc089789627865f5.jpgfda5c4b48dc432ab17deb4841e08b61b.jpg8ece422c16f68e6cbc98b3b7fcbd3fa9.jpg

• Like 1

Sterco that's a little better but there's still some teeth missing right in the middle like the Ridgid, I don't like either design, but the Ridgid has the advantage of having teeth on front and back of the screw, like this:

edc7b45ad35a7640609b68292fa5bc97.jpg

The problem sometimes is when I'm working on smaller fittings:

3375d03c1fd8d199cf1c28c150c45e4d.jpg

• Like 1

Ohhhh, I see. Yeah that could be a PITA. I doubt I come across any pipe with a thin enough flange to fall in between the teeth on the protos. The only stuff I deal with that's that thin is food grade SS piping that gets gasketed and a removable clamp to hold them together. No pipe wrenches involved. Scratching that pipe would be a great way to get fired.

• Like 1

couple of items came today. im hoping to compare the dewalt to my brothers bosch 360 which i feel is the king, at the moment, im going to use my ipod which has nothing but full cd quality tracks on it, no mp3 crap, being the old hippie i am i like my music clear and loud. the other item is high on my list for work items, and its a good pair of work pants. every since carhartt decided to leave us, i started to check out european style clothing, ive had mascot brand for almost two years now, and havnt broke them yet, this is my first pair of blaklader. i got 3 pairs of carhartt  this past xmass, 2 are in the repair pile, one with a left blown out left knee, and the other the rear pocket decided to leave my ass and rip off

NCM_0441.JPG

NCM_0509.JPG

• Like 2