What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

10 hours ago, jtkendall said:

They've actually shipped already so that's a positive. I also found out that apparently they were on sale so I got an even better deal on them.

Yeah, I keep track of the Wera set and around $30 you're doing well. It will go to $35-$45. $30-$32 is their normal low sale price, though once in the past two years it dropped to $26. The chiseldrivers can drop to that low too but it's infrequent. 

31 minutes ago, Jronman said:

@rfwjr Doesn't appear to have an on/off trigger? I have never used a barrel grip jigsaw before.

Nice find though. Bosch makes a good jigsaw

The on/off is a sliding switch on the side and the variable speed is a dial on the back. 

8 hours ago, rfwjr said:

This showed up today.  Got it on Amazon they were having a Bosch Promo so I got $20 off.

20170329_105503.thumb.jpg.c7e72f9fb4b9fd5418b0f80b5c991c18.jpg

Nice I've never had a jigsaw in my life, someone gave me a Hitachi, it's in good condition and I've been enjoying using it.

Conductor reminded me, I need to get a mattock myself... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice I've never had a jigsaw in my life, someone gave me a Hitachi, it's in good condition and I've been enjoying using it.

Conductor reminded me, I need to get a mattock myself... 

I bought the Milwaukee M18 jigsaw thinking I'd use it often but all I discovered was I hate that style of jigsaw, I need to buy either the M12 version or maybe the Bosch barrel grip one.

On 3/28/2017 at 2:38 PM, ChrisK said:

I've got an axe in the trunk of my work car. I tried using it to clear a downed tree from a roadway. Thank God a road crew came by. It was like hitting a wet log with a baseball bat.

I have some friends that compete in the Stihl Timbersport series. Back in 2007 a race axe was around 400.00. I'm not sure what they go for now. The guy in the video is one of the best axe grinders around. Its amazing how much penetration they get. 

1 hour ago, SetBuilder said:

I have some friends that compete in the Stihl Timbersport series. Back in 2007 a race axe was around 400.00. I'm not sure what they go for now. The guy in the video is one of the best axe grinders around. Its amazing how much penetration they get. 

Shit, I could do that.....with bosa wood......after a Redbull......and a smoke break ?

Good News: The expected delivery date on by flashy new axe is Friday. Lightning fast shipping from Walthers Equipment in Byron Center, Michigan, and the even threw in a free Husqvarna hat! ?

Bad News: Having been a long time coach and someone virtually every kid in the elementary school is familiar with, I got bushwhacked into chaperoning the 5th grade field trip to Monticello in Charlottesville, VA......also on Friday ☹️

Man, it's a tough call. The parent in me knows these kids will remember this trip long after I'm dead and I glad to be a part of it.

The tool junkie in me wants that damn axe!

The struggle is real 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jronman said:

don't forget to wear your dust mask. Smoke is bad for the lungs.

I saw that on a pack the other day and I was fucking astonished. Of course there's also this:

IMG_6994.JPG.dd86d4c856e3b99680b9ec505de4e6e5.JPG

Guess I'll have to pick my battles 

15 hours ago, Kato said:

Not bought but got this at a Fastenal open house today...

33728378615_308bf5fc1c_b.jpgMilwaukee 16ft Tape by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

Nice tape, don't notice much difference though between the 1st and 2nd gen other than the looks of the shell, tape is pretty much the same

My Wera screwdrivers showed up this morning. Really like how they feel in my hands and the lasertip's are nice.

IMG_8342.thumb.JPG.06c717d61b0094653ca8b779b30815cb.JPGIMG_8343.thumb.JPG.e2725c59c2dde8041d4e46867175dee2.JPG

Also the Klein backpack from the "6 Days of Christmas" giveaway is filling up nicely, though none of the pockets are deep enough for the longest Wera screwdriver to sit securely. The Milwaukee pouch in the bottom has hex and torx keys in it.

IMG_8344.thumb.JPG.f0a65aae7a02832bcfd3217c549ed08f.JPG

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jtkendall said:

My Wera screwdrivers showed up this morning. Really like how they feel in my hands and the lasertip's are nice.

Also the Klein backpack from the "6 Days of Christmas" giveaway is filling up nicely, though none of the pockets are deep enough for the longest Wera screwdriver to sit securely. The Milwaukee pouch in the bottom has hex and torx keys in it.

The slotted drivers is where the lasertip really shines. As rare as they are these days, once you come across some and use your Weras, you will like them even more.

That Klein bag is looking good man!

• Like 1

Laser tip Wera are beyond belief when you first use them. Amazing screwdrivers. 

Ordered the 20v Max brushless 3/8" impact kit w/ 4.0s. No use for it really, I have the superior Milwaukee version but I'm lead to believe they posted prices for bare tool and kit backwards; so if they don't cancel it I'll win lol. Plus I got a 2 pack of Diablo blades for a song. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kato said:

It's the first tape that I've seen with the finger-stop cutout on it, really cool feature.

yeah i have four, the two previous generation, and two that you have pictured. I really like the newer one like you have pictured vs the older one