What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

On 3/6/2017 at 10:13 AM, dwasifar said:

Another big splurge:

IMG_20170306_085659.thumb.jpg.ff8186b13cfbdc57f4f74cbba55eff3a.jpg

I've been doing a lot of painting recently and I'm told that cutting in by hand is easier with a stiffer brush, so I bought this to complement my other two Purdy brushes.  They give a good finish but they have very soft bristles:

IMG_20170228_084626.thumb.jpg.4b787b34a776b52ff74b784b8f4aa8f0.jpg

I've been using those two brushes for over 20 years.  I know most paintbrushes die of neglect, but here's proof that they'll last and last if you take care of them well.

i have these same brushes  all good, wooster also has a line they call EXTRA FIRM, give them a try for cutting in, youll like it

16 hours ago, aabee said:

Picked up a fresh, new DeWalt 745 table saw at Home Despot today for $229! I already have Kobalt's table saw with stand in the garage in the box that I bought on Black Friday for $179, but for that price (and it was the last one!) I couldn't say no. I'll part with one of the two, that's for sure, but I've heard nothing but awesome things about DeWalt's table saws.

i have the same one on the rolling stand, i love it put a nice blade on it and that thing is accurate has hell, its done sverything framing too buildinf cabs on site, keep the dewalt get rid of everything else

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foneguy said:

I will, the quality on that whole order is superb !!!!

Definitely, the Europeans have hand tools down. I love buying USA made but the Europeans make better hand tools and when they innovate they do it practically, useful innovations. We need them to do the screw extracting pliers, some of the Japanese companies have really good tool innovations as well.

• Like 2

Was going back and forth on whether to get a Milwaukee Surge/drill combo kit from the Tool Barn for $322...it would mostly be for the Surge, but I already have a Triple Hammer and that thing is a masterpiece, so I checked out eBay and bought Makita's sub-compact set brand new for $175 shipped. I also contacted Hitachi yesterday and learned they're working on a new and improved hydraulic impact, and if it's anything like the Triple Hammer it's going to be a killer. I know HD is running their free battery promo on the Makita set, but $175 was a steal and I can still theoretically buy another new battery for less than $54 and still save money on their promo.

I'll be selling my Bosch 12v stuff and resetting to only Hitachi 18v as my main with the Makita 18v subs as my two battery platforms. Liked the Bosch but the Makita's are much better ergonomically with more power to boot, and yes, they can at least stand up with their batteries.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 8:28 AM, aabee said:

Was going back and forth on whether to get a Milwaukee Surge/drill combo kit from the Tool Barn for $322...it would mostly be for the Surge, but I already have a Triple Hammer and that thing is a masterpiece, so I checked out eBay and bought Makita's sub-compact set brand new for $175 shipped. I also contacted Hitachi yesterday and learned they're working on a new and improved hydraulic impact, and if it's anything like the Triple Hammer it's going to be a killer. I know HD is running their free battery promo on the Makita set, but $175 was a steal and I can still theoretically buy another new battery for less than $54 and still save money on their promo.

I'll be selling my Bosch 12v stuff and resetting to only Hitachi 18v as my main with the Makita 18v subs as my two battery platforms. Liked the Bosch but the Makita's are much better ergonomically with more power to boot, and yes, they can at least stand up with their batteries.

My bosch 12v stands up. You just have to buy the larger battery. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2017 at 6:34 PM, Theultimatehic said:

Bought a12v 4a battery for my bosch tools on amazon. Better be awesome lol

If it's anything like the Milwaukee, it will be awesome! Then if they are coming out with a 6ah 12v pack, it will be even more awesome! I have two of the 6ah packs

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 9:20 PM, comp56 said:

not really new tools but a pack of thin cut off disc's and something for safety for the shop

20170316_211723.jpg

That reminds me, at work we have been switching over to Ford service vans and got new fire extinguishers for them. Problem is, they didn't come with proper brackets to keep from bouncing around the van. Boss went and ordered some brackets, which I thought would be simple stamped sheet metal with like a spring steel clamp to hold it on. Nope!! He gets these monster ultra heavy duty welded thick metal gauge brackets you could hold an elephant up with! Which surprised me because he usually cheaps out on things like that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtkendall said:

Still no Witte screwdrivers and it's been 8 days. The Gearwrench T25 bit socket showed up and I ordered some 30mm Kaizen foam to redo my Milwaukee battery box.

I ordered the set on Sunday, still no shipping notification. I'm going to throw a fit if they don't ship and refund me, I used a $22 off tool purchase coupon, and you have to fight with them to give you the points from a coupon. They won't reissue a coupon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I ordered the set on Sunday, still no shipping notification. I'm going to throw a fit if they don't ship and refund me, I used a $22 off tool purchase coupon, and you have to fight with them to give you the points from a coupon. They won't reissue a coupon.

Mine magically updated from "Processing" to "Preparing to Ship" Friday morning after I mentioned they hadn't shipped yet on Instagram. I'm guessing the snow that rolled through the Northeast at the beginning of the week was a problem in my case, but I would have expected it to ship Thursday since my foam from CT was able to ship then. My main concern is whether all three screwdrivers will be in the box when it shows up since they've screwed that up in the past.

• Like 1