I never though i would see that again in my lifetime .59c gas in Houghton Lake Michigan

DR99

Time to break out the big block engines again!! I would be pretty happy if gas was a 1.00 to 1.50 consistently. I know guys in the oil and gas industry are getting laid off left and right. It's a play by the Saudis to keep us from being fuel independent. The domestic oil fracking freaked them out!! Too bad it won't work. We are never going to see cars or trucks that are pigs on gas anymore.

• Like 2

I heard that was the result of a local gas price war with another station. Still agree with you, I thought never again in my life around 2007 when shit was hitting the fan. 

I tow 95% of the time so this is great for me. Consumers are happy, oil companies are okay, employees are hurt, and OPEC is in disarray. I think we're witnessing the beginning of the end of OPEC, it's about to dissolve like a sugar cube with the constituents fighting about when to give in while some countries are actually increasing production despite the lack of demand. The middle east is in bad shape and Russia is pissing themselves as well. 

Yea its because local gas stations are going crazy with a gas war. Too bad its the middle of winter. I would have taken a day trip and drove home on super cheap gas :)

You need to get a 500 gallon tank, throw it on the back of a pickup and spend the $295 to fill it.

You mean "when phones still had buttons?" ;)

No he is describing phones with dials.  I used to install those.  Phones with buttons (Touch Tone) was a big deal.  I also converted 4 party line customers to 2 party lines. 

no when they didn't have buttons it was around the same time you had to go to your TV to change the channel...

Bakelittelefon_1947a.jpg

you know! I still use one in my basement as a backup to a backup haha.post-28671-0-23476500-1453133362_thumb.j and when we wanted to change the channel on the tv, we used a remote or the dogs choker chain lol. Worked on sound at the time. The old RCA color tv was great for watching those 6 channels. I played outside a lot.