Check this out....m18 FUEL nailer teaser

DarynH

I talked to a Milwaukee rep at my local tool depot this weekend, he showed me a picture of Milwaukee's 4 finish nailers. He said they are working on framing, roofing, and siding nailers as well as a cordless miter saw with either a 10 or 12 inch blade, he wasn't sure which one. He also said don't be surprised to see a table saw and other carpentry tools as they plan to take out dewalts last safe haven.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, red tool addict said:

I talked to a Milwaukee rep at my local tool depot this weekend, he showed me a picture of Milwaukee's 4 finish nailers. He said they are working on framing, roofing, and siding nailers as well as a cordless miter saw with either a 10 or 12 inch blade, he wasn't sure which one. He also said don't be surprised to see a table saw and other carpentry tools as they plan to take out dewalts last safe haven.

This is what I don't understand about tool company's. Milwaukee has had a cordless Miter saw in Europe for years now so why is it taking so long to release here. As for the nailers they are late to the game. I'm a huge Milwaukee fan and have been waiting for years for these tool but, after a while I just gave up on them releasing them so I have the DeWalt nailers and miter saw.They are all working great and the only way I would replace them if just up and die on me and I don't foresee that happening anytime in the near future.  

• Like 2

On February 29, 2016 at 5:21 PM, red tool addict said:

Sounds madeup 

No framer? :( The Dewalt makes blocking and back framing so much easier and handier. I was really hoping for one of them. Maybe it will happen when they release the Fuel Hybrid® 10" mitre saw I want too. Likely shortly after pigs fly or Drumfp becomes the president.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

No framer? [emoji20] The Dewalt makes blocking and back framing so much easier and handier. I was really hoping for one of them. Maybe it will happen when they release the Fuel Hybrid[emoji768] 10" mitre saw I want too. Likely shortly after pigs fly or Drumfp becomes the president.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'd guess that a framer is in the works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any rumor on the price point yet? I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection if the price is right.

Well, the Ridgid hyperdrive 16 gauge is $269. I honestly can see Milwaukee undercutting Ridgid, especially with the premium features these are supposed to have. I'd WAG it and say $329 tool only? I'm probably wrong and they'll likely cost even more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, khariV said:

Well, the Ridgid hyperdrive 16 gauge is $269. I honestly can see Milwaukee undercutting Ridgid, especially with the premium features these are supposed to have. I'd WAG it and say $329 tool only? I'm probably wrong and they'll likely cost even more.

Toolguyd made a post that estimates that the kits (presumably with a 2 AH battery) will be $399 and bare tool will run you $349.  Accurate?  Probably, those seem like reasonable prices, though the delta between kit and bare tool is usually more than $50, so who knows.

16 and 15 are usually used for trim work, 15 being angled is good for doing crown work in tight angles, 18 is good for assembly and anything that doesn't require over the top fastening power, doesn't leave a huge divot either, the crown stapler can be used for cabinetry for sheathing and what not.

Jimbo

• Like 2