Save your air hoses..[emoji35]

Today after work I went to go purchase the new m18 nail guns...and left empty handed.

The 15g nailer is powerful and has similar performance to an air gun, but I'd never consider using it on a weekly basis. It's larger and heavier then my dcn692 framing gun.

And the Brad nailer had nothing but problems firing... I caught the tail end of it on camera.

This was at neus in Menominee falls Wisconsin, the tool guy that I spoke with said everyone in the store was pretty disappointed to say the least... And they haven't sold ANY today despite the fact that you get a free 2amp battery..7dd99a1b5e022cae63767cacaf290ca3.jpgab2c25db57c2cd940b4107b28a77d531.jpg76e0736de9a11d21e8f9bb54606727b5.jpg255df5d1e243d2aa80611840bc9a7595.jpghttps://vimeo.com/165074809https://vimeo.com/165074884

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

That's pretty disappointing coming from Milwaukee. They have/had a pretty good chance to get a lot of users to jump on their cordless nailer lineup. I'm sure they will get it dialed in pretty shortly though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

well well, can't really base the product from this video can't see Milwaukee putting out that poor of a product on  launch. I'd like to see some tests straight out of a box in person. 

• Like 3

Yea the videos suck, it's a PIA trying to hold my phone and the gun. The weights listed online are most definitely without the batteries

They are big.. And awkward

I really wanted the 15g for hanging interior doors, it's a PIA to do this because you have to snake your hose between the subfloor and the door slab, but there's no way I'd consider these for any finish work.

I'm a Milwaukee guy and I think that Milwaukee is late to the game so they better come up with something better than that. I got tired of waiting for these and got the DeWalt guns and I love them.

• Like 5

All the videos I've seen so far show an impressive nailer. I don't think milwaukee would release a nailer that is that bad.

I will have to try one myself and see how it plays out.

I did purchase a Ridgid nailer when they were released last year and ended up returning it because I felt it didn't quite replace my hose nailer in terms of performance.

• Like 1

The concord carpenter has a video review of the 18ga trim nailer and only had one bad thing to say, that it didn't like firing at an angle. Other than that he said to had great power and throughout the test it never jammed a single time. He said to buy.

• Like 3

The concord carpenter has a video review of the 18ga trim nailer and only had one bad thing to say, that it didn't like firing at an angle. Other than that he said to had great power and throughout the test it never jammed a single time. He said to buy.

I saw that video. Makes me wonder if the one Dan and Eric got.was a fluke or the good one the Rob got was the fluke.

I saw that video. Makes me wonder if the one Dan and Eric got.was a fluke or the good one the Rob got was the fluke.

I didn't even know Dan and Eric did a review of them yet?? Theirs didn't do well?

I didn't even know Dan and Eric did a review of them yet?? Theirs didn't do well?

Sorry man I mispoke, I forgot it was a Periscope video and not YouTube.

What was it doing? What was their thoughts on it?

Just several misfires. They didn't care for the plastic housing either, said it just felt cheap. I'd like them to get another one and see if they have the same issues.

10 hours ago, DarynH said:

Yeah i saw that last night, really knows his stuff, and he put it through a ridiculous scenario haha but it was cool seeing it shot 1198 nails out of the 1200 nails Milwaukee claimed it can shoot. It got warm apparently so he let it cool down, but it was put through more of a rigorous test than real lift situation. But I was impressed it never jammed once. He also mentioned his thoughts on the bump fire mode, that it doesn't help and shouldn't really be used for precision like trim install