What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Felo bits from @KC_Tool showed up today, USPS apparently had fun getting them here because there were multiple "In Transit to Destination"'s and arrivals/departures to the same place in Kansas.

IMG_0323.thumb.jpg.6e1ca8d500c65b570a2af257f4ac5233.jpg

From top, left to right:

• Phillips 1
  • Phillips 2 
  • Square 2
  • Torx 15
  • Torx 20
  • Torx 25
  • Philips 2 "Bit of Thanks".

IMG_0324.thumb.jpg.0ed4270e8aefaeead5cc3e63e010f73f.jpg

Microjig Matchfit Dovetail Clamps and Dado Stop

IMG_0326.thumb.jpg.2a42a18934f92b5a68f8943bad00796c.jpg

1/2" Forstner bit from Rockler and not pictured a gallon of Titebond II since it was $5 cheaper than at Lowe's.

IMG_0327.thumb.jpg.68c753741f1749d5d09ce3bee5ecd64c.jpg

Last week I received an Empire 98" Cutting Guide that I ordered from Home Depot, it wasn't the product shown in any photos online, instead it was some random silver version with no handle. I spent a good hour looking for that version online. I posted about it on Instagram and Empire reached out and sent me the correct version. Still no explanation about the other one, no return label to ship it to them or mention of it, so I guess I'm keeping the other one too. I'm going to need a bigger bottle of Goo Gone though after trying to remove a sticker from it.

IMG_0286.thumb.jpg.d13a6c16cf917fa467facf55cff1990f.jpg

IMG_0328.thumb.jpg.7462721358f2974f959fdb1aa94462fe.jpgIMG_0330.thumb.jpg.2c7cf2f8fdc129d93045e64b24ca8c88.jpg

• Like 1

Bought the DeWalt DCK283D2 compact brushless combo kit and saved 30% off the $259.00 price for a total cost of $181.

Already own the Milwaukee One-Key combo (albeit for a LOT less than HD's ridiculous $499 price) and the Makita subcompact combo, but for $181 I just couldn't pass it up. Besides, it's a great mid-size drill to compliment the larger M18 and smaller sub. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, aabee said:

Bought the DeWalt DCK283D2 compact brushless combo kit and saved 30% off the $259.00 price for a total cost of $181.

Already own the Milwaukee One-Key combo (albeit for a LOT less than HD's ridiculous $499 price) and the Makita subcompact combo, but for $181 I just couldn't pass it up. Besides, it's a great mid-size drill to compliment the larger M18 and smaller sub. 

nice deal. I guess next up to get is flexiclick?

57 minutes ago, Jronman said:

nice deal. I guess next up to get is flexiclick?

Nah, if I do get invested in another platform it would be M12. I ordered the M12/M18 Bluetooth speaker online (there was a promo for a free M12 2.0 battery and charger included). To make matters better, they actually sent me 3 of the speakers instead of the one I ordered (and was charged for), so now I have 3 m12 2.0 batteries, chargers, and Bluetooth speakers! I already gave one speaker/battery/charger to my gf and she LOVES it. :)

On 12/4/2017 at 8:26 PM, jtkendall said:

Felo bits from @KC_Tool showed up today, USPS apparently had fun getting them here because there were multiple "In Transit to Destination"'s and arrivals/departures to the same place in Kansas.

IMG_0323.thumb.jpg.6e1ca8d500c65b570a2af257f4ac5233.jpg

From top, left to right:

• Phillips 1
  • Phillips 2 
  • Square 2
  • Torx 15
  • Torx 20
  • Torx 25
  • Philips 2 "Bit of Thanks".

IMG_0324.thumb.jpg.0ed4270e8aefaeead5cc3e63e010f73f.jpg

Microjig Matchfit Dovetail Clamps and Dado Stop

IMG_0326.thumb.jpg.2a42a18934f92b5a68f8943bad00796c.jpg

1/2" Forstner bit from Rockler and not pictured a gallon of Titebond II since it was $5 cheaper than at Lowe's.

IMG_0327.thumb.jpg.68c753741f1749d5d09ce3bee5ecd64c.jpg

Last week I received an Empire 98" Cutting Guide that I ordered from Home Depot, it wasn't the product shown in any photos online, instead it was some random silver version with no handle. I spent a good hour looking for that version online. I posted about it on Instagram and Empire reached out and sent me the correct version. Still no explanation about the other one, no return label to ship it to them or mention of it, so I guess I'm keeping the other one too. I'm going to need a bigger bottle of Goo Gone though after trying to remove a sticker from it.

IMG_0286.thumb.jpg.d13a6c16cf917fa467facf55cff1990f.jpg

IMG_0328.thumb.jpg.7462721358f2974f959fdb1aa94462fe.jpgIMG_0330.thumb.jpg.2c7cf2f8fdc129d93045e64b24ca8c88.jpg

regarding the empire mistake, home depot has the same sku number for both, I know because i was at the store and i needed a saw guide. and the empire (blue with handles) was an option they didnt even have the silver one anyways i  saw the blue one and saw it was in stock so i went to the isle and all they had was a silver one with no handles so i asked that lady umm online its showing a blue one with handles this ones silver and handleless, she was like hmmm  she had a few blue's on the shelves up top that they got for me,  she says they believe both have the same sku,  so when you ordered yours the shippers saw the SKU and just grabbed whatever.....   btw i only wrote all this because im on a computer lol not my cell.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FlaveNico said:

regarding the empire mistake, home depot has the same sku number for both, I know because i was at the store and i needed a saw guide. and the empire (blue with handles) was an option they didnt even have the silver one anyways i  saw the blue one and saw it was in stock so i went to the isle and all they had was a silver one with no handles so i asked that lady umm online its showing a blue one with handles this ones silver and handleless, she was like hmmm  she had a few blue's on the shelves up top that they got for me,  she says they believe both have the same sku,  so when you ordered yours the shippers saw the SKU and just grabbed whatever.....   btw i only wrote all this because im on a computer lol not my cell.

Ah, ok that makes sense then. I just searched again and it looks like the silver one is available from Amazon through third party sellers, though it didn't show up the other day. Amazon says it was released in 2006 and the blue one was released in 2012, so looks like some places just had old stock they were getting rid of and explains why they may have the same SKU.

My 50-pound box of US-made, contractor-grade hole saws just came. 78 hole saws, mostly 3"+ and at least half of them carbide-tipped, for ~$140, and free shipping! I probably couldn't have gotten more than 6 of the largest ones for that at HD. As much as I detest traditional bi-metal holes saws, there's just some things that 3-tooth TCT ones won't do. This is my 2nd order, got 35 pounds of them last time. Closeout at sawbladeexpress.com, if you're interested.

HoleSaws.jpg

• Like 4

Ah, ok that makes sense then. I just searched again and it looks like the silver one is available from Amazon through third party sellers, though it didn't show up the other day. Amazon says it was released in 2006 and the blue one was released in 2012, so looks like some places just had old stock they were getting rid of and explains why they may have the same SKU.

Yeah. Because I said to them. Umm your online one is blue and has handles the one on the shelf doesn’t. Shouldn’t I lay less? Or what’s up? They weren’t even sure until someone called someone else who called ...... by then I said forget it I’ll eye ball it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was at home Depot this morning and saw this portable table, so I picked it up, so far it's nice and all but the legs don't fold you have to pull them out and the clamp holders are supposed to fit any standard clamp I guess none of my clamps are "standard" think I will try it out for a couple days and maybe return it and get something elsed7e82635b32999bf8247fd7b938bb272.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 12/6/2017 at 1:39 PM, sparky603 said:

My 50-pound box of US-made, contractor-grade hole saws just came. 78 hole saws, mostly 3"+ and at least half of them carbide-tipped, for ~$140, and free shipping! I probably couldn't have gotten more than 6 of the largest ones for that at HD. As much as I detest traditional bi-metal holes saws, there's just some things that 3-tooth TCT ones won't do. This is my 2nd order, got 35 pounds of them last time. Closeout at sawbladeexpress.com, if you're interested.

HoleSaws.jpg

Please post a review of these after you use them a bit as they are one hell of a deal.  But it seems too good to be true.

11 hours ago, rcarnes911 said:

I was at home Depot this morning and saw this portable table, so I picked it up, so far it's nice and all but the legs don't fold you have to pull them out and the clamp holders are supposed to fit any standard clamp I guess none of my clamps are "standard" think I will try it out for a couple days and maybe return it and get something elsed7e82635b32999bf8247fd7b938bb272.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The leg design is why I went with the Keter. This is also made by Keter so their clamps should fit but I'd return it. I like Dewalt's new table. The Keter is nice but the legs don't lock as nicely as I'd like them to in the closed position.

20 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

The leg design is why I went with the Keter. This is also made by Keter so their clamps should fit but I'd return it. I like Dewalt's new table. The Keter is nice but the legs don't lock as nicely as I'd like them to in the closed position.

I just watched a video on that keter one that's nice i like it, the dewalt one is nice too, the husky one is going back it  sucks and is a pain to set up and take apart 

• Like 1

Package from Klein just showed up, bunch of their fiberglass fish rods and related accessories - some in development, to try out for a bit and provide feedback. Tool companies are often looking for the opinions of actual trade professionals on products in development, and signing up for their newsletters and following them on social media can sometimes get you an invite.

• Like 2