What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

On 11/23/2017 at 8:45 PM, TheRLB said:

I've been looking at their jointers, price seems pretty cheap but not sure if its a good deal or you get what you pay for from Cutech

I am pretty sure that the same company makes the Rikon jointers and planers.  They seem to get decent reviews.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moze said:

@TheRLB Will that work with any cordless bandsaw (DeWalt 20v 2½")?

This version won't (Version 4 only fits the newer Milwaukee models) but version 3 might, same table just different mounting holes. They have a list of all the different models of bandsaws each table supports on thier website. So far I'm pretty impressed with it, pretty beefy top, miter slots are straight, saw mounts to the table and miter slots square, no wobble when cutting, and the shipping was super fast. Ordered it on Monday and it was sitting on the front step Wed afternoon.

Actually I only went with the A2 because their “tech” info page seemed to just cover O1 and A2 when I originally looked at it on the shoulder planes. A2 keeps an edge longer than the O1 so it made the most sense of those two. It looks like the apron blade tech page does mention the PM-V11 and after looking into it now I probably should have got it. I’ll probably order a PM-V11 blade for it next time I order something.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheRLB said:

This version won't (Version 4 only fits the newer Milwaukee models) but version 3 might, same table just different mounting holes. They have a list of all the different models of bandsaws each table supports on thier website. So far I'm pretty impressed with it, pretty beefy top, miter slots are straight, saw mounts to the table and miter slots square, no wobble when cutting, and the shipping was super fast. Ordered it on Monday and it was sitting on the front step Wed afternoon.

Nice, thanks!

My HD BF purchase included the 300-lb Gorilla platform and the 22 ft Gorilla type-1AA multi-position. They already had some of the BF prices slashed further, so couldn't pass up a DeWalt twist drill set for $7.99 from $14, and 3 more Avanti framing blade 2-packs at $6 each. And, although I'm stocked deep in the Bosch Daredevils, I grabbed the last 3 6+2 bonus packs for $4.99 each.

• Like 2

Bought the final few tools I wanted/needed today. Ordered two Milwaukee M18 Rover Mounting Flood Lights from Acme to help light up the garage shop. In the spring spring I'll get around to installing some better lights after I figure out how to get rid of an overhead garage door. Also waited up for the Lee Valley cyber Monday sale and found nothing marked down enough for me to jump on. Instead I picked up an imperial micro-adjust wheel marking gauge.

• Like 2

Veritas cabinet scraper, vise handle, and 4" dividers.

Also a set of Witte wood handle screwdrivers. Super cheap on Walmart.com (hate Walmart normally). For $22 shipped.[mention=51872]BMack37[/mention]
9724c248d75a7d5daefdbff8484f9da0.jpg35b1f88f472675a79a6902376651c555.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have a wooden felo set, they are awesome in the shop!

Here’s the plunge I finally took, did a little work with them today I don’t know how I did it without them!

ddd2ad9eee898ada80efa1987177fa85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 9

Here’s the plunge I finally took, did a little work with them today I don’t know how I did it without them!

That's a chunk of change right there. Congrats. Festool Sanders are great. One day I'll get a rotex

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

Ewwwww.......the 150.......scha-wiiiiiiiiiing

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Veritas cabinet scraper, vise handle, and 4" dividers.

Also a set of Witte wood handle screwdrivers. Super cheap on Walmart.com (hate Walmart normally). For $22 shipped.@BMack3735b1f88f472675a79a6902376651c555.jpg

Welp, there goes more of my money. Actually, I realized I have a Walmart gift card, $16 but I have to pick it up.

Thanks...I'll have to do another set of comparison pictures, I have these and a couple more applicable screwdrivers incoming. The comparison pic is missing like 5 new screwdrivers haha

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

The Rotex 150 is on my list and I'm a little jealous.

• Like 1

[mention=51951]JimboS1ice[/mention] how is the rotex? Does it seem to be hard to control/jump around? Mine seems that way. 

It’s a taxable beast, wicked power in gear mode, if you don’t have a decent grip it’ll kick you. I run it with a RIDGID Shop vac and a dust deputy so that helps suck the sander to the surface. Are you using the side or auxiliary handle? You can try running Mirka Abranet paper instead it isn’t as aggressive as Granat is.

2 hours ago, The.Handyman said:
16 hours ago, justinkendall said:

The Rotex 150 is on my list and I'm a little jealous.

Just get the Bosch 1250DEVS 6" dual mode sander. Just as good as Rotex and dust collection is just as good as well.

Well it's noticably heavier, alot bulkier, works slower. Haven't tested dust collection so couldn't comment but seeing as the Bosch you mentioned is like an 8 year old design I kinda doubt the dust collection is up there with a rotex :/ would need to check it but would really surprise me :x

Well it's noticably heavier, alot bulkier, works slower. Haven't tested dust collection so couldn't comment but seeing as the Bosch you mentioned is like an 8 year old design I kinda doubt the dust collection is up there with a rotex :/ would need to check it but would really surprise me :x
It's not noticeably heavier, bulkier, or slower.

Bosch: 5.3 lbs
Festool: 5.1lbs

Same sander shape

Bosch: 6.5 amps / 715 watts
Festool: 6.0 amps / 720 watts

Speed
Bosch: 270-600 rpm / 3100-6500 opm
Festool: 320-660 rpm / 3300-6800 opm

Bosch: 14 yr old design
Festool: nearly as old

The Bosch is $250 vs $600 for Festool.

Yes, the festival is better but the Bosch is 90%+ as good as the Festool. I did my research and read every post on the f o g forum.
  • Like 1

Same sander shape

Speed

Yes, the festival is better but the Bosch is 90%+ as good as the Festool. I did my research and read every post on the f o g forum.

I’ve heard good things about the Makita gear driven sander as well, I do have to say Festool dust collection is rather impressive, my Bosch (372devs) is pretty good but this is a whole new level

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since my table saw does not support a dado stack I ordered the Microjig Dado Stop and a pair of their Matchfit dovetail clamps, also ordered a Whiteside 14º dovetail bit. The GRR-RIPPER I ordered from Rockler hasn't showed up yet, but it came with a $10 gift card that oddly enough has already shown up. So I bought a 20mm and a 1/2" forstner bit and a gallon of Titebond II. Free shipping made the glue $12 which saved me $5 plus tax compared to the local big box store, the bits were actually cheaper too.

6 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

Same sander shape

Speed

Have em both in the store. Will put em next to eachother :) the Bosch just looks huge is comparison :D