What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

On 10/27/2017 at 10:18 PM, BMack37 said:

Finally got a deal on these:

6Bou0Ee.jpg

How do you like them? I have the 7” diagonal cutters with the power slot and like them a lot. I ordered these from Lowes for in store pickup and when I got there they couldn’t find them and canceled my order. So I got stuck with the non power slot version because I needed them that day.

12 hours ago, justinkendall said:

How do you like them? I have the 7” diagonal cutters with the power slot and like them a lot. I ordered these from Lowes for in store pickup and when I got there they couldn’t find them and canceled my order. So I got stuck with the non power slot version because I needed them that day.

I haven't used them but I'm sure they're good. They don't open very wide but they seem to open wider than anything you'd want to use them on.

My Hole Hawg came today. I accidentally ordered the one with the standard chuck instead of the Quik-Lok chuck but Acme Tools took care of it for me before my order shipped. Also picked up the Diablo 7/16” Hex Snap-lock mandrel kit for it.

D3C3AE1F-2F21-4A42-B2BC-6D86752855DD.thumb.jpeg.fb6343070d861626cb43201228d03e0c.jpeg

Also picked up the Diablo 7/16” Hex Snap-lock mandrel kit for it. They claim it works with most hole saws so I was a little worried it would work with my Milwaukee’s. As you can see it works even with the smallest size.

A3BC710A-461D-453A-B494-ACF3E03EE850.thumb.jpeg.a358e1e4ff0d1265a1fb108fbc704dbc.jpeg

I borrowed @jtkendall‘s One-Key Sawzall to see if my idea of Sawzall and Hole Hawg in one TSTAK II was realistic or not. It fits perfectly. Now I just have to wait until I can order my Sawzall in a few weeks.

CFE300B0-8B93-4354-95C2-4B0F8772DBA0.thumb.jpeg.f19063a02cc7b8ba88dbfbe02dad8031.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, justinkendall said:

Yeah that’s the one problem I have with my diagonal cutters.

I just tested the cutters out, they're EXACTLY like the NWS diagonal cutters. Definitely better than the standard Knipex diagonal cutters.

Same taper to the cutting edge so it has a lot of meat behind the cutting edge but to cut thicker nails/screws it takes a lot more effort as you go. I just cut through a 10D gal nail with one hand with them.

Since I’m giving away my M12 tools and all the bits I was looking at getting a set of hex shank drill bits so I can hold off on buying a drill. The Milwaukee set is $80, found a good temporary set of Kobalt drill and Drive bits at Lowes for $15. They’ll do until I decide to buy something better.

image.thumb.jpg.9a6f9e8ed6c2b2927cec40b8f398d275.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_20171101_154411.thumb.jpg.99342e81e5ce6a1753e99638291d79a2.jpg

IMG_20171101_154433.thumb.jpg.1cb8c8176ba24208b6e07d35f62e81ef.jpg

Was looking to buy drill bits which goes through rebar in masonry without having to change bits.

Bosch dealers were unwilling to procure such unpopular items so went to the Hilti store and bought TE-CX bits which they had in ready stock. Ended up buying their Rotary Hammer TE 7-C too :D. Although a more powerful Bosch unit was available at a very slightly higher price, but the Hilti service promise won me over.

Of course, we don't get their famed 20-2-1 warranty and service guarantee that you guys get in the Americas, but we get the products at a quite cheaper price despite having 18% GST. The variant sold in India also includes the Quick release chuck which is another $50-60 item, which makes the deal so much sweeter.

For the low price, we get a 1-1-3 service guarantee, which stands for 1 year warranty which includes any wear and tear, 1 month warranty for any repair work done and for 3 years, a max cost cap of 20% of the original tool cost in case of any repair work needed after the warranty is over. Of course, picking up and shipping the tool back is free as well and this was the deal clincher for me as I live in a rural area in India and the nearest Bosch service centre was 70kms away. The Hilti centre is 300kms away but that doesn't matter as they take care of picking up the tool and returning it after repair, if ever needed. I can now, also order anything I need from their product catalog and get it delivered at the best available price as i am buying directly from the company.

I didn't expect this, but the plastic housing on the drill doesn't seem to be in line with Hilti standards -

IMG_20171101_154542.thumb.jpg.c4b92291bea5048144c70bf6044bf297.jpg

• Like 3

Bought the new makita 36v plunge saw, with the promo I got the 55" track and two more 5.0 battery packs free!! Man this saw is freaking sweet!!!

Now Im thinking I want the rear handle saw they have too.  I have a skil mag 77 which is my work horse but wouldnt hurt to have a cordless brushless saw for the farm, would it?

Also bought a hitachi 3 1/2 framing gun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tx_woodworker said:

Bought the new makita 36v plunge saw, with the promo I got the 55" track and two more 5.0 battery packs free!! Man this saw is freaking sweet!!!

Now Im thinking I want the rear handle saw they have too.  I have a skil mag 77 which is my work horse but wouldnt hurt to have a cordless brushless saw for the farm, would it?

i really want the plunge saw. 

10 hours ago, Tx_woodworker said:

I did want to point out the scale on this plunge saw is metric. But, all the plywood I get free from where I work is metric in thickness so for me its not a big deal.

3 hours ago, jtkendall said:

Ordered an Ultra Driver 26inOne Industrial from Wiha today. They have a tool club newsletter and I got a 15% off code for signing up. The driver was on sale for $19.99 down from $55, cost me $23 after $7 for shipping.

39E405C9-EF3B-4D7E-90EE-C70CAFB526F4.thumb.png.2e718d1ea719dd3c4719162fa1436f94.png

I picked one up a week ago from them. Great item to keep in my tool belt so I have a lot of different tips on hand.