What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I grabbed this Sunday at my HD, 18 volt 7-1/4 inch cordless.  They had it on clearance for $50.00.  I got this for my 20 year old niece to use.  She wants to start doing some crafting/woodworking projects and I am not so sure about her using my 12 inch Bosch Glide.

ryobi-miter-saws-p552-64_1000.thumb.jpg.082d32dee0d9b5669cb16b3ced0af7b9.jpg

• Like 4

Picked up the Milwaukee 18v/12v Bluetooth speaker at Acme Tools for $136 shipped (w/$20 off promo) which also includes a free M12 2.0 pack and 12v charger. I'll probably sell the freebies which will bring the speaker to the sub-$100 range, all things considered.

• Like 1

Ordered early Christmas and birthday gifts for myself mainly so I can save some money, make some Christmas gifts for family members, and because I wanted to.

I ordered a DW745S table saw with stand from Home Depot for $299. It was between this and the Flexvolt; saving some money, getting a stand, and a larger blade were the deciding factors. That plus I was worried they'd announce a 10" Flexvolt next year and it would annoy me that I didn't wait. Also ordered an Empire 7 in. laser etched rafter square and 4 sets of Bessey H-Style 1/2" pipe clamp fixtures from there.

About a year ago I posted about the Wen 8" drill press, and I finally bought it today for $67.79 on Amazon instead of the $72 it was a year ago. Also ordered some toggle clamps since those inexpensive ones from eBay were tiny as hell, a digital angle gauge, some Abranet sanding discs, an Irwin die stock and 1/2"-14 NPT die for threading the pipe for the pipe clamps. Last thing picked up today was a Kreg Precision Setup Bars set so I can setup the table saw and my routers for more accurate usage.

• Like 4

Knipex is a gift from Sears. 3.Peaks locking pliers is 1 of 2 I'm waiting for from Japan:

mlthKDc.jpg

Like Engineer's screw gripping pliers but a locking plier...bought these a month ago, two weeks ago Engineer released their version.

PkEhuNa.jpg

Armor Tools locking pliers (OEM for Kreg automaxx), IG giveaway:

WEVTeY8.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Knipex is a gift from Sears. 3.Peaks locking pliers is 1 of 2 I'm waiting for from Japan:

mlthKDc.jpg

Like Engineer's screw gripping pliers but a locking plier...bought these a month ago, two weeks ago Engineer released their version.

PkEhuNa.jpg

Armor Tools locking pliers (OEM for Kreg automaxx), IG giveaway:

WEVTeY8.jpg

BMack, how do you like the auto adjusts? Do you think they are close in quality to the Kreg style?

The early bird gets the worm, or in this case the planer. Bought a Cutech planer as a starter one, went with straight knives over the spiral head because it was the cheapest model and they have a Thanksgiving deal that makes it only $199 with free shipping. Figured for a 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the Dewalt ones it was worth a shot.

65E11A6A-2D8A-4612-AFB4-1EB98A891FB8.thumb.png.3ce1709984fe3dd6d7f5938498192aa8.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MikeyB said:

BMack, how do you like the auto adjusts? Do you think they are close in quality to the Kreg style?

They are the Kreg automaxx, same manufacturer.

The regular locking pliers, are different (Kreg doesn't offer them). The curved jaw is made in Taiwan and are REALLY nice, about as good as Grip-On/Snap-On and Knipex in feel, jury out on durability. The thin jaw is made in China and closer to Irwin quality, sloppy in the jaws.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jtkendall said:

The early bird gets the worm, or in this case the planer. Bought a Cutech planer as a starter one, went with straight knives over the spiral head because it was the cheapest model and they have a Thanksgiving deal that makes it only $199 with free shipping. Figured for a 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the Dewalt ones it was worth a shot.

I've been looking at their jointers, price seems pretty cheap but not sure if its a good deal or you get what you pay for from Cutech

1 hour ago, TheRLB said:

I've been looking at their jointers, price seems pretty cheap but not sure if its a good deal or you get what you pay for from Cutech

Toolpig over on Instagram just got one of their jointers earlier this month and it seems to work really well. I've got my eye on one of their 6" spiral head models. I haven't seen the planer in action but took a gamble on it after seeing the jointer.

You could not pay me to go out shopping today… ok, maybe that's not 100% true, but it would have to be a lot in addition to only shopping where I want to. :lol:

Anyway todays purchases were levels, saw accessories, and impact bits.

• An Empire 48 in. True Blue I-Beam Level with Free 24 in. True Blue I-Beam Level
  • Empire 98 in. Professional Cutting Guide
  • A bunch of Felo bits from @KC_Tool
  • A microjig GRR-RIPPER Advanced
  • Micro Jig ZEROPLAY Miter Bars (Double Pack)

The cutting guide was purely to prevent me from even considering buying a track saw. If I bought the Makita one I was looking at I would never use my Flexvolt circular saw, even though the deal with 2 additional 5.0's and a track is very tempting.

• Like 2

Ordered one LIFX A19 gen 3 color led bulb for around $40. Will be the 6th addition to my LIFX collection.  I considered getting the LIFX Z led light strip starter kit as well but at $80, I was not ready to get it yet. These lights are the highest quality lights bulbs I have ever used.

https://www.lifx.com/collections/gifts/products/lifx

These lights aren't for everyone due to the price but If your into smart tech this is highly recommended. There is a good dozen or so different options now.