What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I had my $50 voucher from my PRO 5 so I bought myself an early Christmas present.

IMG_0417.thumb.jpg.aad75e61b2591ca4717f9d9baa96fc06.jpgIMG_0418.thumb.jpg.ea3f96422a7d39342c28321bcb556a98.jpgIMG_0419.thumb.jpg.6d97fa9e05ffdcf70340fbfbbdc52667.jpg

I am disappointed that the scale is not in metric. All of the reviews I read said it was metric and came with an imperial sticker. The Festool USA website as well as all of the dealers I looked at have photos of it with a metric scale. I was looking forward to it being metric since I made the switch from using imperial in SketchUp to using metric in Fusion 360. So now I'm looking for a metric sticker. The good news is the rail made it through shipping without getting damaged unlike some of the things I've seen on Instagram with guide rails (of different brands).

Now for the other things that have shown up lately due to Black Friday sales and deciding to buy myself early birthday presents.

IMG_0387.thumb.jpg.bebaddb8ab3a0401a4bd6ae4a2f4a4c6.jpg

Milwaukee M18 Transfer Pump $139 at Acme for Black Friday.

IMG_0376.thumb.jpg.18e55d2b484bf354a9954284d382ce8d.jpg

5' & 10' Flexzilla Lead-in hoses for the transfer pump.

IMG_0396.thumb.jpg.f88f04d95a94f433744da3228e69d6b3.jpg

Milwaukee M18 Heat Gun, 4pc accessory assortment, and M12 Crown Stapler.

IMG_0399.thumb.jpg.ede3c00016967d7abe2a54ccfac27fe2.jpg

Left to Right: Ironclad Exo Motor Pro Reinforced, Exo Motor Pro, and Super Duty Stealth gloves. 50% off.

IMG_0404.thumb.jpg.c1dd4e060dd210e80a03f6fddaa295e8.jpg

Incra 300mm marking rule and 4 pack of pencils.

IMG_0422.thumb.jpg.f697e2ee82c06984a864109b1e424a55.jpg

Veritas 9pc Metric Set-Up Blocks.

IMG_0409.jpg

Quickloader QL1500 retractable tie downs. They had a sale for Black Friday plus these were on clearance already because they have new models.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, D W said:

Let's hope I don't regret not saving up for something more powerful like an Ego or flexvolt trimmer. I guess I'll find out soon if the online reviews are fake or not. $245 AUD. 

IMG_20171130_115728.jpg

If that’s the same exact trimmer as the DCST920 like it appears then you shouldn’t be disappointed. I have it and it works really well. The 0.080” line did a decent job but I picked up 0.095” line to try after seeing recommendations for it. It’s cold and everything is dying now so i didn’t have a chance to try the thicker line.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

If that’s the same exact trimmer as the DCST920 like it appears then you shouldn’t be disappointed. I have it and it works really well. The 0.080” line did a decent job but I picked up 0.095” line to try after seeing recommendations for it. It’s cold and everything is dying now so i didn’t have a chance to try the thicker line.

Looks to be the same. I just watched a video on YouTube and the UK version (same model number as AUS) has a bigger guard than the 920. I think that's the only difference. 

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to trying it out. It's a self bought Christmas present so I'm not "allowed" to open it yet. It's hard to tell from the box if the guard is the bigger version or not. I don't mind either way. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rcarnes911 said:

I have one and use it all the time works great

Thanks for the feedback.

I've gotta say, every Dewalt tool I've bought since getting into the line-up earlier this year I have absolutely loved. Sounds like this one won't disappoint either. 

After I unwrap this thing on Christmas morning I will be mowing the lawn just to try it out. Now if I could just find a Santa suit to wear ;D

1 hour ago, D W said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I've gotta say, every Dewalt tool I've bought since getting into the line-up earlier this year I have absolutely loved. Sounds like this one won't disappoint either. 

After I unwrap this thing on Christmas morning I will be mowing the lawn just to try it out. Now if I could just find a Santa suit to wear ;D

Mowing the lawn? In December? Are you mad? It's bloody freezing! :lol:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Australia

Yep, pretty much the entire country experiences warm weather in December here. No one really lives in snow during winter either, only a handful of small towns in the snowy mountains. 

No such thing as a white Christmas, but, we are lucky that Christmas and NYE means having bbq's, swimming at the beach, drinking beer under the sun, camping, kids running around outdoors, 6 weeks of school holidays, fireworks etc. Something I am grateful for every year.

...but tools are expensive ;D

30 minutes ago, Grumpy MSG said:

peel off what you can and try a little WD40 on it if you have any. It makes a wonderful adhesive remover.

Thanks, I'll give that a try since I have WD40, if it doesn't work I'll go buy some Goo Gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtkendall said:

Thanks, I'll give that a try since I have WD40, if it doesn't work I'll go buy some Goo Gone.

Buy some Go Gone anyway...it's one of the most useful chemicals you can buy. I have several bottles all over the place, there isn't much it can't remove and it won't eat away at plastics or paint. The last time I used it was on a plastic drill bit case telescoping that I was reusing to store my planer's replacement blades. Those stickers aren't supposed to come off and Goo Gone got it off on pretty thin plastic. 

I grabbed the last DeWalt folding table at my local HD earlier; it doesn't seem super sturdy but that should be expected given its design.  It is rated for 1000 pounds.  I also grabbed one of the 18-piece Bosch Daredevil bit sets, as well as the last three Husky magnetic can holders which were on clearance.  The price on the latter was $1.87 each, down from almost $8, and since 187th Infantry Regiment was my first assignment I figured it worth the cost.  I paid under $90 out the door...the additional discount more than offsets sales tax.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:02 PM, D W said:

Let's hope I don't regret not saving up for something more powerful like an Ego or flexvolt trimmer. I guess I'll find out soon if the online reviews are fake or not. $245 AUD. 

IMG_20171130_115728.jpgThe EGO Trimmer is 199 at most HD stores.

• Like 1