Selling the Home

ChrisK

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been too active on the forum, I'm checking in throughout the day but my wife and I put our home on the market Tuesday. It sold Tuesday. Well, it's pending but thankfully they want to have us out on the 24th of August and naturally our new home....well we don't have a new home! I've spent most of the last week out and about with my Wife scrambling for properties and have not had time to post, just check in and eradicate spammers! We have an offer in, in the lakes region but.....the home is bank owned and we cannot get an accepted offer in until 08-17 when the buyers from our home have to have financing secured so I've been stressing out a ton. Thankfully, having a baby on the way, having no home after August, getting to dog sit my brothers over aggressive dog for the next two weeks and stressing out about personal safety at work is making me lose some weight so.....win win!!!!! 

Please don't take all of this as a gripe, sometimes stress is good and having been blessed with a future home that my wife and I can pick out together and having my future come to fruition in January (that's when we are due!) makes all of the other crap in the world fade out! And.....somebody bought me coffee at my favorite drive through coffee shop! Little things like that make me realize that the job I do is appreciated. 

Anyways, I'll start posting again this week, just taking a breather from looking at "back up houses" tonight. My wife just made dinner, I'm going to have a cold beer and watch some Parks and Rec and It's my birthday later this week and my Wife is talking about maybe going over to Lie Neilsen over the weekend :rolleyes: yaaaaaaayyyyy!

• Like 6

Jeez Talk about a fast sell. They must have seen all the Festool and though it came with the house!!! J/K !!!

Hopefully your able to settle down before January. Your going to have to deal with some serious nesting from the wife before the baby arrives.

• Like 4

Chris,

best of luck ... It will all come together before you know it !!!! Just breathe ..... These are the small beginning steps on a wonderful blessed journey ....

stay safe ..!!!!!!

• Like 1

Glad to hear the plan is coming together Chris. Yes please stay safe brother blue I know things look bleak now, but it will get getter. Just check those corners. Congrats on selling an buying and one last thing. Happy Birthday my friend. Old man lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

• Like 1

I bought my house single, foreclosure, fixer upper. Worked on it all the time, then I got married a year later. It wasn't done yet, time wasn't there as much as it was before i got married, which means repairs slowed down. Made me question my sanity about buying such a house in the shape it was. I think I would have been better off buying something nicer knowing I wasn't going to be single much longer....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys. We are pretty particular on the house now, an acre and a half is a must for our horse and the ability to have build a barn on that property is also a must for us. The house we have an offer on is a 1911 Craftsman Bungalow with two floors plus a basement and a huge attic. All hardwood floors, leaded Windows and an attached carriage house. The carriage house has a two bay garage, a basement and a huge second floor loft which will be converted to my new shop if we should purchase the home. The first floor bath is a gut job and the kitchen, though serviceable, will be completely renovated in the next couple of years. It's south of Lake Winnapesaukee and the school district is ideal. The exterior is in need of paint and a new roof has to be added. The second up house is a newer cape with an acre about an 1/8th of a mile from my mother and father in laws and close to the community I have lived in for 18 years. Decisions decisions....

• Like 5

Good luck with your house hunting sounds like you have a small window to be picky......I always tell my kids dont buy a blue car if you want a red car just because you were rushed......

• Like 2

Good luck with your house hunting sounds like you have a small window to be picky......I always tell my kids dont buy a blue car if you want a red car just because you were rushed......

I didn't want a red car because insurance is more expensive lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, comp56 said:

That's is solid advice Comp. My mother in law and my wife talked today so we are all set staying with them so if we can hold out for two months I can see the big craftsman, the nice cape even sooner. I don't want to pressure myself into a home I won't love and certainly not one I cannot afford!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Thanks a lot guys. We are pretty particular on the house now, an acre and a half is a must for our horse and the ability to have build a barn on that property is also a must for us. The house we have an offer on is a 1911 Craftsman Bungalow with two floors plus a basement and a huge attic. All hardwood floors, leaded Windows and an attached carriage house. The carriage house has a two bay garage, a basement and a huge second floor loft which will be converted to my new shop if we should purchase the home. The first floor bath is a gut job and the kitchen, though serviceable, will be completely renovated in the next couple of years. It's south of Lake Winnapesaukee and the school district is ideal. The exterior is in need of paint and a new roof has to be added. The second up house is a newer cape with an acre about an 1/8th of a mile from my mother and father in laws and close to the community I have lived in for 18 years. Decisions decisions....

What movie has the quote about lake Winnapensaukee? It's killing me right now

2 hours ago, DR99 said:

What movie has the quote about lake Winnapensaukee? It's killing me right now

All I can think of is On Golden Pond but golden pond is actually squad lake and it's right next to Winnie 

34 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

All I can think of is On Golden Pond but golden pond is actually squad lake and it's right next to Winnie 

Adam Sandlers Grown ups....

15 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Either way its a win win. Good luck.

• Like 1