Santa Came Early

RickyMcGrath

Damn man, gotta love the penny deals. Ricky, you know you are our hero right?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I hope you can find a better hero than ME! Lol.

My wife actually planned for us to spend a day of HD shopping. I took the day off, she got a baby sitter and we headed out about 10am and got home at 9:30pm. I think I counted 13 Home Depot's that we went to. Half way through, I asked her, "have you grasped any of what I'm doing at all and how I find this stuff?" She said "nope. No clue." I said "now you see why it's so difficult for me to explain to people how to do it."

• Like 4

@RickyMcGrath wow you get coupons or something?

Not quite. There's an elaborate method to understanding the markdown process of a certain big box hardware store. When the items are supposed to be removed from the shelves and destroyed or RTV'd, they go to $0.01 in the computer. Some stores have such poor inventory management, these items can be found and purchased for a penny. It's frowned upon by store management and they fight tooth and nail to prevent you from buying them.

It takes a ton of patience to get penny items. I have gotten some good .03 level deals but never a penny item. Another forum used to be a great way to get a heads up on what could be a penny item but it got ugly near the end.

Yes. LOT's of patience and lots of time.

I haven't been over there in a while and just saw the new 2016 thread. From the looks of things, it must have gotten pretty rough.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ok I give up,.   I'll pay you to tell me in detail how I can acquire these items or more ,for a penny or .03 cents......I am a tool junkie.....Dewalt is my fix.....help ? I am beyond jealous....it will benefit my company greatly ,not to mention my quest for Dewalt everything......

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

Ok ok I give up,.   I'll pay you to tell me in detail how I can acquire these items or more ,for a penny or .03 cents......I am a tool junkie.....Dewalt is my fix.....help ? I am beyond jealous....it will benefit my company greatly ,not to mention my quest for Dewalt everything......

For this, we must start from the beginning. It was a cold winters night in the summer of 1939. Ricky McGrath Sr, an aspiring scientist found himself working on a project that would change the future of human kind. Due to his exposure to high levels of radiation from his work on the Manhattan project, the sperm in his testicles had mutated in such a way that it left his future newborn son slightly different from the rest of us. Legend has it it gave him super powers, and once the government found out that kept him for testing in the laboratories of a secret military base, Area 51. Within a year the project to turn little Ricky into a weapon against the Alaskan Natives was proven to be a failure, as the young McGrath proved to be too dangerous to be controlled. After a lobotomy was performed as a last ditch measure to prevent him from escaping the base and laying waste to the desert, it was determined he had lost his powers and all of his young memories with it. Safety was restored, all records of the incidents burned. (He was adopted by a nice Jewish family, the importance of this to be revealed later.) 

However they were wrong. Young Ricky's powers did indeed prevail, and nothing seemed to be able to explain certain strange phenomenon, usually involving computers and circuit boards which could spontaneously bend to his will and perform functions he desired purely from thought. It was later determined that not only did he inadvertently prevent the Y2K disaster from happening, he could communicate from brain to machine in basic binary code...also known as 1's and 0's. Rearranged into the "perfect price" which he so blissfully was unaware he was manipulating with his Jewishly influenced superpowers in checkout isles across the city, he produced 0.01. Which is binary code for "cheap as fuck", synonyms "stolen" and "robbery". 

Legend continues to describe that nobody is quite sure what happened to the ol' chap, but rumors keep swirling about random reports of him getting away with illogical purchases which follow this binary code. Always 0.01. Aliases include "El Cheap0" and "Cheeri0's".

Now that I've revealed the man, the myth, the legend and said detailed account of how this is possible, I wouldn't mind if you dropped $100 (look, binary again...illumaniti) into my paypal account for giving you this sacred knowledge. I'd gladly buy some beer with it. 

• Like 8

For this, we must start from the beginning. It was a cold winters night in the summer of 1939. Ricky McGrath Sr, an aspiring scientist found himself working on a project that would change the future of human kind. Due to his exposure to high levels of radiation from his work on the Manhattan project, the sperm in his testicles had mutated in such a way that it left his future newborn son slightly different from the rest of us. Legend has it it gave him super powers, and once the government found out that kept him for testing in the laboratories of a secret military base, Area 51. Within a year the project to turn little Ricky into a weapon against the Alaskan Natives was proven to be a failure, as the young McGrath proved to be too dangerous to be controlled. After a lobotomy was performed as a last ditch measure to prevent him from escaping the base and laying waste to the desert, it was determined he had lost his powers and all of his young memories with it. Safety was restored, all records of the incidents burned. (He was adopted by a nice Jewish family, the importance of this to be revealed later.) 

However they were wrong. Young Ricky's powers did indeed prevail, and nothing seemed to be able to explain certain strange phenomenon, usually involving computers and circuit boards which could spontaneously bend to his will and perform functions he desired purely from thought. It was later determined that not only did he inadvertently prevent the Y2K disaster from happening, he could communicate from brain to machine in basic binary code...also known as 1's and 0's. Rearranged into the "perfect price" which he so blissfully was unaware he was manipulating with his Jewishly influenced superpowers in checkout isles across the city, he produced 0.01. Which is binary code for "cheap as fuck", synonyms "stolen" and "robbery". 

Legend continues to describe that nobody is quite sure what happened to the ol' chap, but rumors keep swirling about random reports of him getting away with illogical purchases which follow this binary code. Always 0.01. Aliases include "El Cheap0" and "Cheeri0's".

Now that I've revealed the man, the myth, the legend and said detailed account of how this is possible, I wouldn't mind if you dropped $100 (look, binary again...illumaniti) into my paypal account for giving you this sacred knowledge. I'd gladly buy some beer with it. 

I'm dying over here!
  • Like 4

I just wanna know how,,,,I know Y.....I promise to use my powers for good,not evil....I have money,but alas not the knowledge,,thus rendering me useless in the tool isle,subjected to large bills and a lighter wallet....knowledge is power and Ricky and ford are all powerful!!!! Help a Dewalt addicted ol carpenter and member of DA ( dewalt anonymous) 

• Like 2

Damn that is one sweet haul! I have not been able to find that good of deals at my local HD, I found them once and it wasn't anything special like these and they were in a cart assuming getting ready for removal. I guess the HD Gods around me really look over their stock.

I did find one guy penny shopping when I found my deals though.

Are there best times to go looking? like on a Wednesday? :)

I have a strong urge to learn how to animate and turn this into a cartoon...you weave a great tale my friend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 2