Found This Interesting.....

comp56

what gets me though is if I were to buy a drill from anyone here used, I can still have warranty even without proof of purchase as long as it falls within the warranty period so what?.... you would be better off saying you got it from a buddy and not Amazon?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Milwaukee really needs to make Amazon an authorized dealer. You can get Dewalt at Lowe's, HD, Amazon, Sears and every other place you can buy Milwaukee...that's why Dewalt sells more.

Nailed it. That's also why Milwaukee is perhaps slightly more expensive.

• Like 1

HD has that exclusivity deal with TTI/Milwaukee. I can't believe they are asking for proof of purchase now if you didnt't they just used the serial number to go by. Just to a dick you could just buy and return the item to HD out of spite to get a valid receipt. Not that I condone that action. Easier still just find someone that has a receipt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DR99 said:

HD has that exclusivity deal with TTI/Milwaukee. I can't believe they are asking for proof of purchase now if you didnt't they just used the serial number to go by

This.

I'm pretty sure this post from Milwaukee is an official "Don't buy from unauthorized dealers or you won't have a warranty" statement and not a practical statement of how they operate.  If they said anything else, they would undermine their authorized dealer program.  That having been said, I can't imagine them voiding a tool under warranty for this reason unless you specifically go out of your way to tell them that you bought it from an unauthorized dealer / second hand.

I think someone posted here bout having a tool denied because he mentioned a 2nd party sale though. I think this could also be an issue with Milwaukee having some quality issues warranty claims cost money, and it might be eating into the profits too much now. Milwaukee is a much bigger brand than it was 10 year ago.

16 minutes ago, DR99 said:

HD has that exclusivity deal with TTI/Milwaukee. I can't believe they are asking for proof of purchase now if you didnt't they just used the serial number to go by. Just to a dick you could just buy and return the item to HD out of spite to get a valid receipt. Not that I condone that action. Easier still just find someone that has a receipt.

ya they are not wanting POP I was just saying if they dont how would they know you bought it from Amazon if you dont tell them

12 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I think someone posted here bout having a tool denied because he mentioned a 2nd party sale though. I think this could also be an issue with Milwaukee having some quality issues warranty claims cost money, and it might be eating into the profits too much now. Milwaukee is a much bigger brand than it was 10 year ago.

that I believe was a purchase being refurbished and by someone other than Milwaukee so I could see them striking it. 

1 hour ago, comp56 said:

ya they are not wanting POP I was just saying if they dont how would they know you bought it from Amazon if you dont tell them

I purchased an M18 hackzall off craigslist and just sent in to be repaired under warranty. Proof of Purchase was never asked for, just the serial number. They replaced the trigger, something in the motor, and put all new plastic body/housing on it and it didn't cost me a dime. I was also only without the tool for about 10 days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DR99 said:

I could see them having a higher defect rate than earlier years for sure. I like the 5 year warranty but with some of my Milwaukee stuff I'm pretty sure I'll need it. 

10 hours ago, DR99 said:

I guarantee the problem is because of eBay, Milwaukee sale kits being split up.

14 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Milwaukee really needs to make Amazon an authorized dealer. You can get Dewalt at Lowe's, HD, Amazon, Sears and every other place you can buy Milwaukee...that's why Dewalt sells more.

According to Home Depot Corporate, Amazon is Home Depot's #1 competitor (I still have access to my HD email.) Which is wierd because Both lowe's and HD have amazon echo.

Wow that is interesting. Amazon I noticed has a lot of knock off   Milwaukee batteries And was always told by my local Milwaukee rep and others that you could buy the tool used and no matter what will be covered as long as the  serial number was legible and the date code in the  serial number was within the 5 years. So if it came for Amazon or Craigslist shouldn't matter and how would they  determine if it came from Amazon?

6 hours ago, Milwaukeenut said:

Wow that is interesting. Amazon I noticed has a lot of knock off   Milwaukee batteries And was always told by my local Milwaukee rep and others that you could buy the tool used and no matter what will be covered as long as the  serial number was legible and the date code in the  serial number was within the 5 years. So if it came for Amazon or Craigslist shouldn't matter and how would they  determine if it came from Amazon?

Exactly. If you know it's within 5 years and question the seller, don't include a receipt

• Like 1

but the more I think about this the more I think just because someone from Milwaukee posted that statement on facebook doesn't mean it is right. I can't count how many times a trained tech from my internet provider has been totally wrong.