New tools spotted!

RickyMcGrath

What took so long for the Planer to hit? I've had mine since May last year...I don't understand Dewalts market strategy at all. They're all over the damn place with tool releases and to whom and when they supply them to retailers. 

It's as if as each tool is released, Oprah jumps and and starts pointing saying "YOU get a tool, and YOU get a tool...EVERYBODY gets a tool!..." But then points to like 3 or 4 in the audience and says "...except you guys, you ain't getting shit." and drops the mic. 

• Like 5

I know it's frustrating for my tool dealer.  They're a smaller chain of stores but a certified dewalt dealer and repair shop.  At Christmas when I wanted a flexvolt grinder they weren't able to even order me one but I could go to 2 other big box stores in town and pick one up off the shelf.  My dealer does a good job of taking care of our companies tool needs and repairs but this kind of stuff leaves their hands tied.

• Like 1

Acme and tool barn have had them a year but HD tends to drag their ass with newer tool releases, I was shocked to see the M18 search light already in stores but I'd imagine they think you'll be more likely to buy a light than a cordless planer, silly box stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Acme and tool barn have had them a year but HD tends to drag their ass with newer tool releases, I was shocked to see the M18 search light already in stores but I'd imagine they think you'll be more likely to buy a light than a cordless planer, silly box stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about real estate. Shelf space. Every inch of every store is meticulously planned. I've also noticed that some products sit in too stock of certain stores for months and begin to show inventory online. I have a feeling it's part of their marketing strategy. Kind of like when a new pair of Jordan Shoes are released. Stores have them for 1-2 weeks before the release but can't sell them until a specific day to make sure each store has a fair shot in selling the products. I think we are seeing that with HD. they can't stock the shelves until all stores have product or they are waiting for shelf space contracts to expire for new planograms.

It's all about real estate. Shelf space. Every inch of every store is meticulously planned. I've also noticed that some products sit in too stock of certain stores for months and begin to show inventory online. I have a feeling it's part of their marketing strategy. Kind of like when a new pair of Jordan Shoes are released. Stores have them for 1-2 weeks before the release but can't sell them until a specific day to make sure each store has a fair shot in selling the products. I think we are seeing that with HD. they can't stock the shelves until all stores have product or they are waiting for shelf space contracts to expire for new planograms.

Same thing in the grocery store I work at, companies will actually buy shelf space, that's why general mills and kellogs dominates the cereal aisle $$$

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

• Like 2

I know it's frustrating for my tool dealer.  They're a smaller chain of stores but a certified dewalt dealer and repair shop.  At Christmas when I wanted a flexvolt grinder they weren't able to even order me one but I could go to 2 other big box stores in town and pick one up off the shelf.  My dealer does a good job of taking care of our companies tool needs and repairs but this kind of stuff leaves their hands tied.

That's how it is for our electrical supply house who is a Milwaukee dealer, they get more fliers than inventory! And have a hard time matching HD's pricing on the new stuff sometimes. Every Klein, Fluke, ideal tool costs me well enough below retail, but not Milwaukee. My friend who manages the store told me that he told his dad to buy m12 batteries on Amazon, instead of his store!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro