Tstak lovers Rejoice! Vac Rac in the house!

The.Handyman

7 hours ago, The.Handyman said:

I ordered from Europe because I knew I would use it. Now my DeWalt dust extractor has become that much more useful.

Watch out Festool, there's a new player in town.

I ordered extras, so PM me if you are interested in buying one from me.
f1eb92b3008a96a5cf0a2248cf4db0cc.jpgda23d2b79c3d89b3ecaca0ba3d34ec9c.jpgf3b5d8a67dbf2042b3aadeafd97a203e.jpgd5bb7a3fa3eafb76273eeacbceaf0f84.jpgc4393d9b8067e01d78c5999e6011acd4.jpg

Well....I can't come up with a quip because I love my Festools but love my Dewalt too. I guess it's great that Dewalt is FINALLY trying to be cool like the green machine! Also, that is slick as snot. I have 2 D.C. Units in my shop and my newest one acts as a mobile car for my systainers. How do you like the Dewalt DC unit?

• Like 3

Yea I'll never understand the purpose of this beyond a few boxes, and even then it seems minimal to me outside of storage for hoses and attachments for the vac it's self. I mean to access the boxes up top you need either a ladder or a prayer that the 4 boxes on top don't have anything in them. Just seems silly to me. 

Wait. [mention=51398]The.Handyman[/mention] you're bricoleur? This TIA/IG overlap is even more thorough than I thought lol.

[mention=50081]Hugh Jass[/mention] I think it's a good system. Keep hoses etc in a small Tstak, and grab the box with the tool you plan to use and away you go. The joys of modular boxes. 

Mind = blown didn't know that was you handy man that's nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Mind = blown didn't know that was you handy man that's nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Bremon said:

Wait. @The.Handyman you're bricoleur? This TIA/IG overlap is even more thorough than I thought lol.

@Hugh Jass I think it's a good system. Keep hoses etc in a small Tstak, and grab the box with the tool you plan to use and away you go. The joys of modular boxes. 

Lol uh guys, this was discussed before but I'm glad you figured it out now! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Is this a thing or did you customize something?

Its just propped up with a can of WD-40 for the photo op :)  I was inspired to make something after seeing the Dewalt one, but the Ridgid boxes are so much bigger than the top of the vacuum I didn't see it as being very functional. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris Shanks said:

is that the dwv 010 that it's sitting on?

if so, I'd buy two off you

let me know how to contact you

DeWALT made the vacuum model numbers and sizes really confusing. The DWV10 is an 8 gallon collector, it has 4 swiveling casters, no extendable handle and no variable suction control. That is what he has the adapter mounted on. The DWV12 is a 10 gallon vacuum, it has 2 larger non-swiveling wheels an extendable handle ( allows you to roll it like a 2 wheel truck and pull it up and down stairs) and 2 swiveling casters. It does have the variable suction control. It is the vacuum pictured on the box for the adapter.

On 3/19/2017 at 1:53 PM, Jronman said:

Is that a new vac? Looks different than the one with the dial. does this work with tough system?

TSTAKs are substantially shorter in length than the Tough System boxes so they won't work together. If you did try to stack them up, it would look very similar to SetBuilder's Ridgid vacuum/box picture. I think at this point we almost need a comparison thread for DeWALT so folks can see the difference between the various products like the vacuums (dust extractors) and Tough System versus TSTAK and even the various different boxes in each system.

• 1 year later...

I have been thinking about getting the Milwaukee or Bosch dust extractor and I was wondering would this be attachable to them with a little work. Both of those extractors it seems, are made to work with Sortimo/Lboxx. So the size should be about right....

I finally decided on Tstaks.