so whats next in the dewalt pipeline?

framer

A 54 Volt combi to make the 996 look like a toy. Think arm wrenching torque, dispense with the side handle at your peril! And definitely not compact! I'm sick of every new drill coming out that's "more compact than its predecessor"! I hate having to tighten and loosen chucks by putting my hand over the top of the chuck! Not every drill needs to be small. 

Some super efficient LED lighting complete with USB outputs. 

what I want is something I haven't seen far as i know on a jobsite vac. A powered brush attachment for one would be great especially for carpet. Could be easy to implement either power it off a tool actuated port or have it be cordless. I find jobsite vacs are garbage on carpet. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

If they don't release a brushless 20v recip saw with a rafter hook on par with the fuel they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

i agree.  also, the flexvolt recip saw is too darn heavy. no hook, no 4 blade position.  i actually prefer using the current 20v saw.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, framer said:

i agree.  also, the flexvolt recip saw is too darn heavy. no hook, no 4 blade position.  i actually prefer using the current 20v saw.

Yeah not sure why the brushed 20v caught so much flak. Granted I've used it more than any other recip saws combined, but I never had a problem with mine. It was perfect for a guy like me who just needs it for maybe a couple hours a month. Just worth having for those bolts that a torch and grinder can't quite get or rough cuts on stainless piping to get the pieces easier to bandsaw. I get that it's not enough for demo guys though. Probably won't replace it at least for a while. I have an old Bosch one laying around that I actually like more but batteries for it would be more than a new DeWalt. Maybe I'll wait and see what kind of 20v they release now that I'm out of any flexvolt tools or batteries. 

Still waiting on a damn 1" drive impact wrench with 2500 foot pound with minimum runtime of being able to loosen and then tighten both parts of 10 budd lugs or ideally do 40 of the two piece budds and then 40 just nuts. That's enough for a brake job on about anything including tag and steers. Minimum that's a wheel seal.

I like brushless everything....longer life.....I’m still waiting for all those tools above..

20v trim router......20v random orbit sander.....20v or 60v belt sander....desperately need a light weight 10”  cordless mitre saw.....love a barrel grip jigsaw......powerful vac.....20v biscuit joiner.......and with the tripod light coming and the table...and the rear handle.....I would  pretty much have everything I need to frame and build decks...............of course a 12ah (skip the 10) battery ,would be perfect for my needs!!

I like brushless everything....longer life.....I’m still waiting for all those tools above..
    20v trim router......20v random orbit sander.....20v or 60v belt sander....desperately need a light weight 10”  cordless mitre saw.....love a barrel grip jigsaw......powerful vac.....20v biscuit joiner.......and with the tripod light coming and the table...and the rear handle.....I would  pretty much have everything I need to frame and build decks...............of course a 12ah (skip the 10) battery ,would be perfect for my needs!!

Ros may not be too far out porter cable just released one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 12:17 AM, framer said:

i'd like to see a 10 inch flexvolt miter.

So is it a 10 inch slider or fixed you want? They make the DHS716 in a couple of varieties, it is a 12" dual compound non slider that DeWALT's website says weighs 44 pounds, so there is around 20 less pounds in that saw than the 790. It says it will cut 4 X 6s and is a little confusing about crosscuts, it lists cross cuts at 2 X 8 or 2 X 10 (with back fence), which I am guessing actually means back fence removed for 2 X 10.  

39 minutes ago, Grumpy MSG said:

So is it a 10 inch slider or fixed you want? They make the DHS716 in a couple of varieties, it is a 12" dual compound non slider that DeWALT's website says weighs 44 pounds, so there is around 20 less pounds in that saw than the 790. It says it will cut 4 X 6s and is a little confusing about crosscuts, it lists cross cuts at 2 X 8 or 2 X 10 (with back fence), which I am guessing actually means back fence removed for 2 X 10.  

I like that saw but it's a bit big to haul around. I'd even take a fixed 10. Just something bigger than the current 7 1/4 cordless. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, schalk2585 said:

9" concrete saw powered by flexvolt spring 2018,  wheelbarrow, and riding flexvolt lawnmower somepoint

I knew about the wheel barrow and the 9 inch saw sounds doable but is the rider actually going to be a thing? will it be dual battery? Quad battery? Other?