Dewalt 20v framing nailer

BrandonT

I havent been able to find much info online about it, including model #, but i did get to use one recently at a dewalt day at a local building supply. Hopefully Dan and Eric will review it when they get ahold of it. From my limited use of it I think I like it. Its a bit heavier than the paslode but as for power I would call it comperable. finally the price the rep told me was 500 which was a little steap especially since earliest delivery was thanksgiving.

Anyways if someone has had more use with it or has some specs please chime in.

Im located in western North Carolina, and im just going off of what the dewalt rep told me. He claimed that it would be delivered by thanksgiving but I do remember him saying official release wasnt till 2014. I was actually offered to purchase the gun at dealer cost because im good friends with the store owner but since our construction company already owns 5 or 6 paslode framing guns we just couldnt justify it.

That's cool I was just kind of shocked they were saying that to you about getting the tool that soon. If the gun is as good as they say it is it's going to hurt Paslode. It can bump fire and won't have the issue paslode impulse guns have with cold weather, and the cost of fuel cells plus the cells expire too. This has the potential to replace a compressor in production framing. The only issue I could see is the size of the nail magazine. I have the paslode lion framer It might be tempting to jump on the Dewalt train just for the framer.

• Like 1

Did you get a chance to pick the nailer up and fire a couple shots?

Yep, it shot well, I really liked the bump fire. power was good, it sunk a 16d nail below the surface into two 2x4's. the weight seemed to be a little heavier than a paslode but thats just from feel. the only real down side was the price but i do believe it comes with two 4ah batteries and a charger, not sure about a case though.

My friend has the Ryobi airstrike its pretty nice for the money. I would almost trade in my Paslode finish nailer. it's that nice but not being an angled nailer is a deal breaker I might get it to complement my collection though.

• 2 months later...

Pleased to report that the Dewalt is still going strong. I got it with two 4.0ah batteries and have yet to have a jam, or a nail not go all the way in.

Very reliable, no set up time, no hoses, no compressor to lug around and no smelly expensive time sensitive gas to buy. It's a win win win.

Battery life has not been an issue as the second battery has been ready to go by the time the first is ready to charge,

One other thing I found is the consistent way it drives the nails, first to last they all seem to go the depth you have set. I have found with gas nailers that this can vary greatly with the amount of gas in your canister, the temp, and the age of your gas canister.

None of which is an issue with the Dewalt.

Great tool and very glad I bought one.

Just pull your finger out Dewalt and bring out a finish nailer on the same battery platform.

That would sell in the truck load.

Yea you would think they would have had a finish nailer to go with the 20v line by now. It's a gripe alot of Dewalt fans have they can't switch over 100% to the 20v lineup. I wonder now that ever one has the slide pack style batteries we won't see a change for awhile in battery connector types? Dewalt was the last big holdout.