DeWalts new TSTAK Carts and Double deep Box

regopit

Modular even takes a place with me at my work. I can keep equipment organized in my work vehicle and easily accessible. Not to mention the added benefit of keeping my shop nice and organized. I'm really intrigued by the tstak system but am hesitant to buy something that hS been rated as such light duty. My l boxx' are phenomenal and my new Festool comes with the sustainer which is really cool!

I used to have job boxes. I now have 6 of the DeWalt tough boxes.  It is a lot easier for me to move these around. Dan eluded that Milwaukee will be coming out with some type of storage system. It will be interesting to see with what they come up with.

So Regopit, do you like these boxes? Dan kind of eluded to them being somewhat light duty and the special being offered on Amazon is pretty good.

I really like the Tough box. They have been dropped down steps bounced around in the bed of the truck. Now the Tstak I just have the one I keep pins, key way pins and things like that and I would say that they are light duty.Not sure how they would handle a tumble down the steps

loadn_up_zpsa8db509d.jpg

• Like 1

Milwaukee is charging 200 dollars for the bare tool fuel saws. I guess if they do the impact driver, drill,saw, and a flashlight and 2 XC 4.0 ah packs they might be able to do 500 bucks for the kit. The cost of the new storage is a wash really compared to Dewalt the Milwaukee cases are really nice, so to move to a new system it's R&D costs the production costs will probably be the same or cheaper. I wish I liked tool bags but shit ends up getting buried in a bag which sucks!

Milwaukee is charging 200 dollars for the bare tool fuel saws. I guess if they do the impact driver, drill,saw, and a flashlight and 2 XC 4.0 ah packs they might be able to do 500 bucks for the kit. The cost of the new storage is a wash really compared to Dewalt the Milwaukee cases are really nice, so to move to a new system it's R&D costs the production costs will probably be the same or cheaper. I wish I liked tool bags but shit ends up getting buried in a bag which sucks!

I like the bags, but a modular storage system giving me the ability to build set boxes would be nice. 

• 3 months later...

I have a Dewalt Tstak I Long Handle Organizer DWST17808, that I love. I use it to store my xr brushless drill and impact driver set. The compartments for bits, 2 small pack 1.5ah battery and random stuffs. The first one I got was broken from shipping I believed. It arrived with a 9in cracked and some small pieces broke off from the bottom. even It was very well pack from amazon in thick shipping box. Contact Amazon, they requested to ship back the broken one and they will ship out another one the next day. Within 4days. Another one shows up. Amazon it awesome like that;) but I don't think the Tstak can handle any impact or fall protect tho. Tough system box use way better material than Tstak. But they cost much more. Tstak is more like a tool box to organizer and store tool and better protection than the free contractor bag. since they don't usually come with case like the old one use to be. I'm planning on getting few more from the Tstak system. Looking in to the Dewalt Tstak Deep-Compartment Tool Box (DWST17806) for my circular saw and othe saw. Wonder will it fit...

• Like 1

I have the deep box for cordless circular saw, fits fine with battery. Just can't fit tool tray that cam with box. Also have one that fits a couple of the cordless nailers in one box. I like tstaks, just wish the new cart would come out, also annoyed know u can buy foam inserts for additional $20.00 pn amazon.

Thanks for the info. chad. Do you meant tool tray doesn't fit with the battery on or either in the deep box? And I wish it was come with the foam inserts. I remembered seeing it in the picture!! And if it wasn't that pricey. $21bucks is kind of a bit for it. Plus I only paid $29 for my Tstak Long Handle Organizer DWST17808 on sale on amazon;) I'm trying to look for a right size piece of foam and custom make it myself;)

No the saw will only fit if u leave the tool tray out . I just got a flyer from tool nut listing the new tstak cart at $129.00. Also interesting they have 2 new 20v flashlights, 1 of which also can use 18 v as well. They also brought out a new pancake compressor from dewalt. New toys $$$$$$$.

No the saw will only fit if u leave the tool tray out . I just got a flyer from tool nut listing the new tstak cart at $129.00. Also interesting they have 2 new 20v flashlights, 1 of which also can use 18 v as well. They also brought out a new pancake compressor from dewalt. New toys $$$$$$$.

Oic. Thanks. But I ended up bought a Large Case ToughSystem DWST08203. It was only $15buck more than the tstak deep box. Its a little bigger and tougher overall. And when my circular saw and battery in the case. With the tray it still fit in okay and close. I'm happy with it.

About the 2 dewalt 20V new led work lights. They looks awesome. I'm all about the 3 led one dcl050. Eventho the dcl060 floor light seems to be great use. And for 65bucks a piece tho(not sure is it price in Australian dollar) I think its still worth it;) btw I think you meant toolguyd not tool nut. Right? Can't seems to find them at toolnut.

I got the T-stak 1 organiser tool box & T-stak 3 drawer tool box when buying my DCK985M2T set..
​I would say they where ideal for the shop or working out a van but obviously when your on a construction site a tough box will be the way to go offering the extra level of protection..