My tools / ToughSystem Racking

Mr. Yellow

• 2 months later...

Sometimes when I'm looking on Google for anything DeWALT, pictures of my van show up in the results :) 

One time I noticed someone taking credit saying it was his' on some website or messageboard. Couldn't be bothered to register and deal with it. Just now I noticed a UK company called Oldham Van Centre is showing my van on their site under their 'vehicle adaption & refurbishment' category. Don't like this kind of thing. It implies to visitors that they did the conversion while they didn't so I kindly ask them to remove the picture. Have no problem with pics floating the internet, but I do have problems when people taking credit or such. Not on me.

http://oldhamvancentre.com/services/vehicle-adaption-refurbishment/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Yellow said:

Sometimes when I'm looking on Google for anything DeWALT, pictures of my van show up in the results :) 

One time I noticed someone taking credit saying it was his' on some website or messageboard. Couldn't be bothered to register and deal with it. Just now I noticed a UK company called Oldham Van Centre is showing my van on their site under their 'vehicle adaption & refurbishment' category. Don't like this kind of thing. It implies to visitors that they did the conversion while they didn't so I kindly ask them to remove the picture. Have no problem with pics floating the internet, but I do have problems when people taking credit or such. Not on me.

I hate that, give credit where due, don't steal another's hard work, sorry to hear about that, some people I tell ya

• Like 1

I think they discontinued the D55155. I would get the D55146 if I were in the States. That's a nice wheeled compressor.

I got an email from the commercial director for Oldham Van Centre today. They took the picture down and changed it for one on which they actually did the conversion.

He confirmed their 'marketing department' took the picture from stock photos freely available on the internet. I don't know. I don't call any photo you can find on Google or the likes a stock photo. Anyway, he was kind and understanding so all good. Better for them too because advertizing with something you didn't build can get you into some awkward situations.

On 2/25/2016 at 4:13 PM, Mr. Yellow said:

This is why you will see people like Jimmy Diresta, Izzy Swan and a few others on youtube have their name plastered throughout their videos. They want the credit for their work. 

• Like 1