Dewalt Oscillating Multi-Tool Please

kanxrus

I have a Bosch MX25, to get me to change it would require more than a color change. Although I would like the tool-less blade change the Bosch feels much better in the hand and that's more important to me.

Bosch has a tool-less blade change in Europe and I expect we will see that here in the new year. Right now I also have the Bosch PS50 multi-X (12V) which I sometimes use with a "second" blade to avoid constantly changing.

If Dewalt does a make-over on the multi-tool (like their 12V/20V Max tools) the decision to add a yellow & black multi-tool would be a whole lot easier for me.

i would buy it in yellow.

• 4 weeks later...

Man I really want one to..I actually bought the cheapest one I could find in hopes dewalt would make one...Is there a place or site that tells there future plans...it seems the last couple of years they have been so slow to the market with tools...like the 10.8v drills...idk how but I waited. It sucked...I love them tools though...I have watched the porter cable one go on sale and I really like it...I just hope dewalts has a light and a 3amp motor to compete with rigid....please hurry or give a date. I love the bit change on porter cables...hate using an Allen wrench on mine...task force buy the way...I burnt up a dremel one

• 1 year later...

As Dewalt do not make multi-tools, I bought the Fein Quickstart Multimaster, I don't think anyone could improve on this little beast, it does almost everything, and is tough as hell, but I don't think I'd have a black and yellow one after using Fein. Sorry Dewalt, any other powertool, and it is black and yellow, but the multitool in my toolbox will always be orange.

As Dewalt do not make multi-tools, I bought the Fein Quickstart Multimaster, I don't think anyone could improve on this little beast, it does almost everything, and is tough as Heck, but I don't think I'd have a black and yellow one after using Fein. Sorry Dewalt, any other powertool, and it is black and yellow, but the multitool in my toolbox will always be orange.

In my personal opinion, which in no way is representative of internal DeWALT decision making on this matter, your quote is a case in point if why we haven't seen a DeWALT oscillating tool yet. Everyone has one, the market is saturated, and every price point is taken.  It is hard to justify the immense expense if designing and launching a new tool if the market is already taken and there isn't money to be made.  This may well be a "must have" tool for a cordless line, but it is my beliefs that the above is at least why DeWALT is not in a hurry on this one. Just my two cents though.

As Dewalt do not make multi-tools, I bought the Fein Quickstart Multimaster, I don't think anyone could improve on this little beast

Yellow has already trumped orange in the upcoming Nailer market, and I am sure they will give orange another kicking in the Multi-master market...

Corded and cordless... 10-12 months I reckon.. mark my words..!!

• 1 month later...

with orange I assume you mean the Rigid tool;

and not the FEIN;

we all know the Fein kicks Bum, they invented it

otheres still have to proove !

can't wait; 10 moths would be too long

it seems Dewalt marketing team does not have the proper focus on what we want/need

they have been late with a lot of stuff

Well that fancy cordless nailer they have been showing around has been delayed a whole year for the USA market. I just don't get it Dewalt why does it seem to take forever them to get things to market like the job site radio all most 3 years for a 20v max job site radio.

I hope this comes out soon, I need a new multi tool and don't want to go and buy a new fein and then this come out.

Although I need the 2nd fix nailer out sooner, nearly smashed the paslode to pieces yesterday with rage.

Dan,

I can't see a Multi-tool coming out much before Jan 2014 (9 months) .. as for the second fix nailer (on the new lithium-ion platform) I wouldn't hold your breath... give that at least 18months. They've only just got the new 'First Fix' launched, so the engineering team are now fully focussed onto the second fix (and possible other variants)

Dewalt do seem a little slow at getting stuff out there, but what they are bringing out is rocking at the moment...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IMO, Dewalt will be able to make money on an Osc tool.  The reason being that, if you wait long enough, you will have millions invested in the 20v LI line.  If you look at the other 18v tools they look a lot like what the Dewalt tool will have to be fahsioned like.  It will be pretty simple to build off that.  I feel they are simply waiting for the 20v population to get large enough that this segment will be vested to buy that tool.  It's what I have done over the years.  I commit to a line and build on it.  I tried the Porter Cable and it was a piece of crap.  18v NiCad and light (felt cheap) but the battery only lasted a few minutes.  It's got to be 20v.  Dewalt will kick ass when it comes out.

• 1 year later...