Milwaukee Work Box

RedSionnach

i bought one on the 18th at home depot for $39.97. apparently this home depot store was abnormal cuz the two other home depots did not have them. after asking a few people, they did have them in the store, but were not going to start selling them until fathers day.

hell i might get another one just for fun. i got my brother in law to get one too lol. 

i filled the box with the impact driver, drill, nonfuel sawzall, omt, 2-3 batteries and it's probably like 50lbs now lol. plenty of room for drill bit boxes too

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I believe it has a gasket on the lid for a seal. No metal latches etc....but it does appear to be a decent box as a stand alone but for me I can't see buying a non modular unit even though it does look like a quality box that will keep my expensive tools dry and dust free. Still feel a little deflated Milwaukee !

Hopefully they come out with a modular unit like my Systainer T Loc's and Bosch L-boxxes. Looks like a decent box but I'm curious and God help me for saying this, that the Dewalt Tough boxes might offer more?

i would love a system like that 

You have to love the video of this huge guy dropping this work box with all of his expensive tools in it. Hey it's rated for a 1000 drops with fifty pounds in it! Looks like this guy will need a new box in six months the way he drops the thing!!!!!!! Hahahahahaha

• 4 months later...

bigger than it looks in pics, however where I live it is pretty cold in winter months don't know how well it would hold up to -40 but no mistake it will make someone happy....

I personally would rather have a beat up box kicking around full of my expensive tools than an eye catching box with Milwaukee sticking out like a sore thumb.......

I know thieves steal anything but they also go for shinny and things that stand out......

years ago when I was in my 20's I bought a pretty nice alpine stereo for my truck and the salesman handed me some big Alpine stickers I could put in my back window.....I laughed and said why don't the stickers just say "I have a nice stereo in this truck please take it"

just sayin....

bigger than it looks in pics, however where I live it is pretty cold in winter months don't know how well it would hold up to -40 but no mistake it will make someone happy....

I personally would rather have a beat up box kicking around full of my expensive tools than an eye catching box with Milwaukee sticking out like a sore thumb.......

I know thieves steal anything but they also go for shinny and things that stand out......

years ago when I was in my 20's I bought a pretty nice alpine stereo for my truck and the salesman handed me some big Alpine stickers I could put in my back window.....I laughed and said why don't the stickers just say "I have a nice stereo in this truck please take it"

just sayin....

How true is that. They will take what they know or hear about. I was working on a job some time back 5 of 6 years ago and had my trailer broken in to. They took DeWalt. Milwaukee, stuff and did not touch any of my Festool stuff.