Milwaukee Work Box

RedSionnach

Hopefully they come out with a modular unit like my Systainer T Loc's and Bosch L-boxxes. Looks like a decent box but I'm curious and God help me for saying this, that the Dewalt Tough boxes might offer more?

• Like 2

It looka pretty dam good....if i was an installer i woukd definitely pick one up. They make good use of the space and if its tough as they claim then its a nice buy...anyword on price?

I really like to use of space in this box.

Your not wrong this is nice a tool box for carrying a some tools around don't get me wrong but its not a system like all of the other companies offer.

Exactly my point DR. I read Toolguyds offer and they said maybe there is still more to come but I can go to HD right now, get a structural foam box by Dewalt a little cheaper. I haven't because I don't was a bunch of boxes laying all over the place. Not dissing Milwaukee, I bleed green then red....but I hope they don't let us down here.

OMG!!!!!! SACRILEGE!!!!!! That's pure insanity, I would NEVER put a Milwaukee Sticker on a Dewalt box....my God in Heaven! Think of the carnage! Kinda like when Venkman wants to cross the streams in Ghost Busters. Next thing you know Zule will appear, Sigourney Weaver will be wearing see through clothes and writhing about!

• Like 4

Just buy one of these and throw a Milwaukee sticker on it if that's your thing. Plenty of "corner storage" haha

75857-dewalt-tough-system-storage-soluti

are those stackable? If they are I'll check them out. I don't care who makes them Gator and I agree with Chris that I wouldn't paint a dewalt tool red or a Milwaukee tool yellow. I was going to look at dewalt and Bosch stackable boxes but then I heard Milwaukee was coming out with a storage solution too so decided to wait. If this is it I'll take a look at dewalt and Bosch sooner.

I like Milwaukee but I'm not a fanatic. I wouldn't go as far as painting stuff like they did with the guys ride on mower in the tool talk show. It is cool to see it in dewalt colors but I don't think I would go that far. Eric and Dan even said there was a Milwaukee tattoo contest, that's just nuts!

Maybe that why I hear strange noises come from my Tough box with my Milwaukee tools in it. I think that Milwaukee missed the boat on this one a little to late to the game.

Carroll.....CARROLLLLLLLLL....RELEASE MEEEEEEE!!! Put me in a F#%<>ing Milwaukee Modular Stackimg unit!!!!! Get me outta this Dog urine yellow box!!!!!!!

Oh wait....we still haven't got our heads out of the sand! :(. Come on Milwaukee!! Give us what we want for Pete's sake!

• Like 1

This is a rare Milwaukee miss. Not going with a modular system is a huge deterrent for me. I couldn't honestly care less about it as is. A fancy hand box is all it amounts too. Dewalt/Bosch 1 - Milwaukee 0

• Like 1

I like that It's set up for carrying a few tools but If they took what they had started and made it a modular system It would have been a home run. I get what Milwaukee is thinking a lot of guys still like to use tool bags and tool boxes, but there are people like us that really want a super organized yet portable solution. Dewalt has the best options from the t-stacks which are very reasonable to the ultra durable tough boxes. The Dewalt guys might take this and post it all over Dewalt social media pages DR99 had something positive to say about a Dewalt product.

• Like 2

It looka pretty dam good....if i was an installer i woukd definitely pick one up. They make good use of the space and if its tough as they claim then its a nice buy...anyword on price?

on toolguyd Stu mentions a price of $39.97 in his write up.

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-tool-box/

40 dollars is pretty reasonable at that price for a tool box that size if it is as durable and weatherproof as they say. Another Issue I have is it looks like you can't fit a Drill, Impact, sawzall and circular saw, charger and some batteries, in the box. If you could have done that I wouldn't be as harsh on it. I like some of the features and will probably get one just so I don't have to lug so many dang blow molded cases around all the time. I think Dewalt is phasing out plastic cases for tool bags now in most of their newer kits. I kind of get it you get more usable space in a tool bag but it's unorganized for the most part on inside the bag and out. Tool bag's just seem to lay there you can't stack them for the most part. I don't know if bags are that much cheaper to make though I know the plastic dies to make the boxes is expensive but after that the costs have to be pretty low where making tool bags requires more labor.

This is almost perfect for me. I have a big shop with lots of tools but I like to keep my personal hand tools/drills in one place. I currently use a dewalt but this looks a bit more organized for me.

If I could keep the drill, impact, and circ saw in there, PLUS some hand tools, it would be one stop shopping for me

However I REALLY want one of these boxes to have a built in power bar

Very interesting, here's what I said on the main page..

I love the corner tool pockets and the connections for the battery charger. I bought one of those 28″ dewalt/bostitch waterproof boxes (very similar in design). I even cut slots in the lid ribbing to tie up my hand saw and 2 foot level in the lid with hook/loop tape. They sure do get heavy when filled. I was kinda hoping for a 22-24 inch toolbox that will fit through doorways/hallways more easily. Something easily tied to a hand truck. I am still looking for a box for my tool only Fuel Circ and it’s awkward dimensions.

What are the dimensions of the inside of the box? 

Are they coming out with more options?

I understand there are no stackable latches, but how about little feet/notches so they can stack without falling over?

• 2 weeks later...