My latest bargain

dwain

I'm quite the bargain hunter (i'm almost cost neutral with all my Dewalt and Bosch 18V gear).

But this is one of my favourite pickups. I drove to a guy's house to pick up his Dewalt DW708 (12" SMCS) for only $180, and walked away with a Dewalt DW705 (12" non-sliding) for an even $200! To put that in perspective, the DW780 costs AU$950 here in Aus.

The 705 has a sticky trigger and the 708 has a cracked clamshell trigger housing and plastic plate.

But I'm stoked. I've never owned a 12" MCS before!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dude I just found a helk of a deal too! Kinda unrelated to yours. I was at an auction for a hardware store going out of business and nothing caught my eye. So I thought I would scourer the neighborhood looking for garage sales. I found this guy selling a 1 yr old craftsman 28"  snow blower going for $375, This guy was retired from the Ford Motor Company. I asked him why he would sell something brand new. He said Im filthy rich and I just want the latest and greatest. He even waxes all of his equipment I talked him down to $300 after I googled what a new one went for ($900). It starts every time on the first pull! Bring it IL Weather!!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Dude I just found a helk of a deal too! Kinda unrelated to yours. I was at an auction for a hardware store going out of business and nothing caught my eye. So I thought I would scourer the neighborhood looking for garage sales. I found this guy selling a 1 yr old craftsman 28"  snow blower going for $375, This guy was retired from the Ford Motor Company. I asked him why he would sell something brand new. He said Im filthy rich and I just want the latest and greatest. He even waxes all of his equipment I talked him down to $300 after I googled what a new one went for ($900). It starts every time on the first pull! Bring it IL Weather!!!

You just find people like that in life. They make a ton on money but don't really care either about basic finances. They just want something new and shiny all the time. A snow blower is usually a long term investment.

• 2 weeks later...