Best Phillips Hex Bits

redmed

As much of a Milwaukee fan as I am their Phillips shockwave bits suck. Makita Impact gold, or Dewalt Flextorque. Home Depot had some Werea Terminator impact bits in their stores as a holiday deal they were amazing quality you could just tell from the machining

I've found that the plain Jane bosch bits hold up surprisingly well.. the wera bits are most likely the best although I haven't tried them..

I got some of the makita gold bits a while ago and although I don't use phillips a ton (mostly t25 for me), they are holding get up very well.

Looking at Home Depot I see Dewalt MAXFIT bits are these the same as Dewalt flex torque?

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWA2T40IR-FlexTorq-Driving-40-Piece/dp/B00GMXFK3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419540209&sr=8-1&keywords=dewalt+flextorq     <--- flextorq pic for your referance  :)

I have a bunch of Wera bits too and they are very well made and fit screws so nice.

I like the Makita gold bits. At work I've broken around 20 Dewalt impact-rated bits, doing simple tasks like Lath screws into racking. They're not all that strong in my experience. The Makita golds have held up to the same, and more, without a single one breaking.

i have both the dewalt flextorque and maxfit, think i prefer the maxfit, seems to fit the cheaper screws better. think i keep buying the dewalt stuff because they are always on sale. as much of a makita nut i am ive yet to try the makita bits. 

So the Dewalt flextorque and maxfit are diffrent.

Since my local HD does not carry flextorque I'm going for the makita gold.  I may get the maxfit to compare the two.

So the Dewalt flextorque and maxfit are diffrent.

Since my local HD does not carry flextorque I'm going for the makita gold.  I may get the maxfit to compare the two.

Same prob here redmed. My HD only carries the Dewalt maxfit. I can't find the flex torque. They have Milwaukee and the Makita bits. I've been using the black oxide Dewalt bits....the older ones and do not like them at all. I am still in possession of a few so just haven't bought another set. I might try the Makitas as HD is having a great sale in them.

Ive had a set of blue point ones for the last 5 years and they show no signs of slowing down. Although my primary work is on motorcycles/atvs/snowmobiles. You guys seem to do a lot heavier work than I. Although i did sit there and try to tighten some intake boot screws for about 20 seconds before i realized I was going the wrong way. I think i got about 40 different bits from philips to flathead to security torx. Lots of variety and no idea how much I paid for them