New Ryobi Impact Wrench on the Horizon?

KaHuNaZ

Saw stueys article that featured a new Ryobi ad and it looks like they might have a new impact wrench coming out. You can see it at the :24-:25 second mark.  http://youtu.be/GLYaGWPlatI

Looks like the Ridgid, but with a slightly differenty body and 3 speed mech.  I have the older version and it has been great so far. I wonder what the torque specs are going to be.

1z3WVnp.jpg

xUbuFZZ.jpg

That is one nice thing about Ryobi you can use one of their original tools with a brand spanking new lithium ion battery. The only thing is the post stylebattery packs leads to thicker hand grips and less compact tools. If your a home owner I would totally recommend Ryobi over all of the other brands because of the amount of tools they offer and battery compatibility. Ryobi even has a 36v lawnmower than runs off 2 of the 18v batteries! I had good luck with Ryobi construction tools they never went bad. I did have problems with some lithium packs dying early, and the lawn tools not holding up. The leaf blower fan just exploded and the handle on my hedge trimmers cracked. The leaf blower while nice and convent isn't near the Ego in power :) This is great for the backyard mechanic wonder what the specs will be.

I still have some Ryobi stuff. I'm debating what to keep and sell I have the Ryobi jobmax multitool powerhead but also the M12 multitool. Want to get the M18 but I don't have a huge incentive too its not bushless it does have tool less blade change though.

DR99...buy the Dewalt tool-free adapter for the multi-tool, I use it on mine and it's a lot better than having to unscrew that damn bolt every time I want to change blades.

The impact looks cool, really cool, been wanting an impact wrench for a while but haven't bought one. Still have plenty of air tools and use them when needed, so a cordless impact would be more of a "want" than a "need".

As for batteries and tools...Ryobi kicks ass in the "everything fits everything" realm, nobody has that many tools that fit all of their batteries, only Ryobi. And, like I said in the past, when Ryobi decides to do brushless they're gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

It doesn't seem to make it bulky, the extra distance it adds between the tool body and the blade is unnoticeable. I don't find myself thinking about it while using the tool, but I did think about it when I bought it, whether or not the distance would make a difference to how the tool felt or how it worked. So far it hasn't been an issue though

The Ridgid brand is owned by Emerson Electric they just contract with TTI to build power tools to sell exclusively to Home Depot. TTI just leases the Ryobi name from Ryobi of Japan to sell tools to the rest of the world Ryobi sells its on line of power tools in Japan. The whole situation is weird on both of them

• 1 month later...

It's kinda weird they put 3 speeds on it. I wonder if it has a gearbox or its all electronic. I will say Ryobi gets shit on way more then they deserve too. I had two Ryobi tools break on me, and I'm not negative about the brand. The leaf blower squirrel cage just blew up on me, and a hedge trimmer handle broke.

So far the only Ryobi product I've had that broke was the plastic flywheel on the "blue" leaf blower. Everything else has held up very strong. The new impact looks pretty sweet, might have to do a little begging to the wife...

• Like 1

I almost got into ryobi when I first started buying tools due to a friend who swore on his blue ryobi tools at work he was our Maintance guy man he had so many ryobi tools but I got a sweet deal from a guy for a 18v dewalt hammer drill and been in deWalt ever since. I did pick up one of there blowers on Black Friday and it has been good to my grandma she loves it.

So far the only Ryobi product I've had that broke was the plastic flywheel on the "blue" leaf blower. Everything else has held up very strong. The new impact looks pretty sweet, might have to do a little begging to the wife...

Same problem I had with mine. It was a bummer as you can't get a replacement part either for it. I will say the Ryobi blower did the job but it took a lot longer than the EGO or Greenworks I have now. That is the big upside to having more cfm

I tried like hell to find a replacement, even tried other companies, like Toro. Couldn't find anything close enough to even retro-fit so I cannibalized the blower and tossed what I didn't want. It worked great until the flywheel broke so I can't really complain, but it'd have been nice if it lasted at least as long as every other Ryobi tool I have. I have a corded Black&Decker that is excellent, and has a metal flywheel so I'm not all that worried about it breaking like the Ryobi did.

And you're right, more cfm is a big plus.

It worked well but what took 5 minutes with the ego took 15/20 with the Ryobi. I till admit it was a nice time savings plus I could just move more stuff like leaves. You can't fault the Ryobi though it was built just for really light cleanup.