Show your new toys

BK13

With so many sockets sets on the market, I really didn't know what to buy to replace my Stanley Fatmax black chrome set.

The ratchet is broken so had to look for a new one. At first I wanted the DeWALT sets in the black cases, but then a while ago I saw they have newer sets in stackable cases. Couldn't find them online besides at Acetool (worldwide shipping). Had to wait a freakin 6 weeks or so, but they came today. They are nice. Was expecting much smaller cases. Got the 1/2" and 1/4" sets. Think I'll also get the 3/8" and the accessories case for these socketsets. Cut the week in half with some yellow is always good! :)

DeWALT%20Socketsets.JPG

Where were they made? Taiwan? 

So here is my new Rikon Midi lathe 70-220VSR and my first ever turning attempt. I got it assembled yesterday and had to modify the stand as it's actually a pretty big lathe at about 38". It'll turn up to 20" stock without the extension. Pretty friggin' awesome stuff. Next I'll try out the new router my beautiful wife got me! Sweeeeeeeet :D

That's awesome for a first turn Chris! I have always wanted to try my hand at that.

Yup Taiwan BK.. Wish they were made in the USA that would've been even more awesome but as I said from owning the Tekton and the dewalt mechanic tool set there very nice guys

While I would prefer USA made tools, I feel much better buying Taiwanese tools than China or India...

Outside of some Sunex super extra mondo deep sockets (so I don't have to use an extension when I torque lug nuts) I think the rest of my impact sockets will end up being Wright for standard impacts and Craftsman/Armstrong/Matco universal sockets.

What will you be using them for Chris? I have some napa professional (rebranded Sunex) impact sockets that have held up great. They are made in Taiwan though. There is also the mega ingersoll rand set that Dan and Eric and also Daniel reviewed. I think it is the best value out there. It can be found on amazon for under $220. Here is the link for the IR set.http://www.amazon.com/Ingersoll-SK34C86-8-Inch-2-Inch-Standard/dp/B000HGKR6O

Nicholas, I am not a mechanic so I do t see using my IDH182 for taking lug nuts off but I would really be using these for exterior projects this spring. I want to build a pergola and I'm going to use lags for fastening as well as some dominos and regular tenons. I'm also thinking about building a fence and the cross members will be lagged in so I really want to use those drivers for lags in PT no automotive applications. Are the I R ones you linked made here?

my free bosch battery should be delivered last tuesday 24th but somebody threw it on the wrong truck and it went to San Francisco.

today my ups driver tried to deliver it but he wanted about $50 COD (brokerage fee). i told him its a free item etc, he understood me he cant drop the charges and if he would leave the package without getting a check he can get fired.

so he told me i should come by the office at around 5 and i should talk to the manager.

i called KMS for the invoice which shows its a free item, received it within a few seconds - really great that company.

so i just printed everything to show the manager that its a free item - hopefully it works.