Who needs a Ford branded pressure washer?

DR99

I must be the only person that doesn't care who builds his pickup as long as it's big3 I had both a 06 Ford and 08 Chevy lease both were nice trucks. There were things I didn't like about either truck though, but if the deal is good I wouldn't mind driving any of them. My mantra is who has the cheapest lease.

I must be the only person that doesn't care who builds his pickup as long as it's big3 I had both a 06 Ford and 08 Chevy lease both were nice trucks. There were things I didn't like about either truck though, but if the deal is good I wouldn't mind driving any of them. My mantra is who has the cheapest lease.

not me man, GMC first.. Chevy is a fine second choice.  i just prefer the look of the gmc trucks more..    i think dodge and especially ford would have to pay me to drive one of their trucks!  lol!!!    i actually don't have anything against ford or dodge and i agree that they all make very nice trucks.  they each definitely have their plusses and minuses.    for me its more of a family rooted thing.  my great grandfather actually owned a chevy dealership which was eventually owned by my grandfather.   GM's have always been what my family has owned, trucks and vans especially..   

I will agree the GMC tends to be the better looking truck over the Chevy most of the time. I tend to think of GMC as an after though is besides the look there isn't usually a huge difference between the tucks. Maybe a different power train is offered and more options that kinda thing.They did have that quadrasteer on GMC trucks and suv's for awhile. The one thing on the 06 Ford I really liked was much space you had inside or the feeling of it.

That's common between a ton of brands. There's no selling to each other, it's just a GM frame going underneath a GM truck.

Just like there's no more chevy small blocks, all engines are shared between brands, developed by GM Powertrain. Ford is no different with Lincoln, etc.

It used to be different back in the day as GM ran things pretty different back then. Each division was almost ran like its own company. Now they certain cars or trucks can share a huge number of parts. the biggest difference is interior trim and exterior body panels. The guts and other things can be the same for multiple products if they share the same platform.