DeWalt 20v trimmer - yes it's good!

JoshMurrah

I got this bad boy in yesterday, and trimmed / edged with it.  I was mighty impressed, especially for something that takes a little tool battery.  I posted up an amazon review, which I linked below that has more detailed thoughts.

I should get the blower in tomorrow to try out. 

Now if DeWalt would just put out a 20v hedge trimmer, and a good 40x chainsaw, I'd be all team yellow for outdoor stuff!!

http://www.amazon.com/review/RX0UUB3S1ZXD0

• Like 1

I'd love to see a chainsaw in the family.  I probably need to suck it up and get a backpack Stihl blower, living in 3 acres of woods, so the blower isn't so interesting for me.  However, my string trimmer is a prime candidate for going electric and if they'd come out with a chainsaw that used the same batteries, that would probably be enough to make me give them my money.  Until then, I'm eyeballing the new Ego 56v OPE.

I was really surprised. 

I guess the Greenworks is really developing a lot of pressure against the smaller nozzle, versus the DeWalt going more for volume... the Greenworks has a heavier impeller that can withstand leaf mulching too, so that may be part of it.

I need to get a picture up of the DeWalt's fan (the tube comes separate so you get to see it up close)... it looks just like a jet engine, cone and all.

• 2 weeks later...

wow that's great runtime Ricky. Thanks man!

I actually got a lot more runtime yesterday. I dropped the power to the "low" setting and nearly trimmed and edged my whole yard and had some battery left for the blower.

That's over 80' of sidewalk (both sides), 120' or curb, about 65 feet of flower beds and a 40' long driveway.

It was a deep edging too as I haven't mowed in almost three weeks so it was over due for a deep hard cut edging. And the runner roots in St Augistine grass are ridiculously tough so it took a beating for sure.

• Like 1

man Ricky im so close to jumping on one of these battery lawn platforms cus my mower has been acting up and shutting off while cutting the grass im gonna do a tune up on it and see how it does but I just remember doin one last summer. I really hope Dewalt comes out with a mower that would make me pull the trigger in a instant.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm inclined to go the professional line route, but I'm already invested in the 20V line. Maybe a hint from one of the reps about the future of 40V could persuade me...? In all seriousness, has anyone directly compared the 20V trimmer/blower to their 40V counterpart?

Got my 20v blower in today and got to play with it for a few minutes. In short it will work well for my use but of course this ain't no gas powered monster. In my quick test it would blow away small gravel on pinpoint wide open throttle which is good, but say past about 6 ft some simple seagrape leaves laying on the ground in some 4in grass were kind laughing at it, which isn't. 

Need more time to test and play but I like it, it's quieter than I expected and even if it were half as good as I think it is it would still be a smoking deal for the price with a charger and 5.0ah battery. 

In short: buy it if you can use it, buy a real one if you have to have it.

I posted in the other thread for the blower saying hai guyz I found it in stock and it went completely ignored. CPO has them in stock and they're selling through Amazon. 

Both of you even posted in it right after me, lol. 

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/5688-dewalt-20v-leaf-blower/page-2

LOL! Sorry Hugh I remember why I didn't jump on it now, awhile back when the dclo50 dewalt light came out and I ordered through them they didn't receive them for awhile and I was stuck waiting while lowes already had them in stock not to talk bad about Toolnut cus they kept me updated and took very good care of me in the end. Plus I gotta wait for dang HD to stock them cus I have some gift cards to spend there.

• 3 weeks later...

stopped by lowes today and checked out the Dewalt lawn tools and i gotta say the 20v string trimmer looked and felt solid and light at the same time when my gas one decides to take a dump im jumping on this one. i even saw the 20v blower there today no display just in the box if they would except HD gift cards i woulve been posting pics right now!!