New Ridgid tools

chewie17

Hey everyone, not a big purchase by any stretch however I decided tonight while walking around home depot to buy the ridgid 12v impact and drill.

$109 for 2- 2.0 ah batteries and a charger,

bought them to add more batteries for my jobmax, and for woodworking projects in the garage...

the drill has 400 in/lbs of torque with 1700 max rpm and the impact has 1100 in/lbs of torque so they aren't far off from most "higher" end 12v's

lets hear what you guys have to say about em!

thanks BigmikeZ, with that price how could anyone go wrong right? ridgid is a proven contender for good quality and a good price point. I know lots of contractors that swear by them and they never have an issue. so hopefully my occasional use will be enough to keep them working for many years to come

I wish Ireland had something like Home Depot, you's get some great deals over there in the U.S. I've to buy all my tools online from the UK or pay over the top prices here at home. Never a great selection either, hard to find bare tools also

ive got a few other ridgid tools and I tried to do the LSA but they want you to mail the original receipt with the scan code off the box... half the stuff I cant register now and the other half by the time it breaks ill probably just buy another one. I would put in the effort on bigger priced items but the one thing I have is their 13" planer but alas I bought it in 2011 and never knew about their LSA until recently or never bothered to know at least. but they seem rugged and well built from what I can tell so far, so with any luck ill never kick myself for not doing the LSA! haha

those are some interesting points, im not crazy on every tool they make, the styling isn't the greatest but they put the money into things like power, durability and little things like the new gen 5 tools, the light ring, that is pretty sweet... just not sure if I like their batteries and their lack of battery gauge.. maybe in a few years they will be closer to the top of my list but for now they are 3rd. behind Milwaukee(1) and Makita. ive never been a huge dewalt fan, they have never seemed to hit the nail on the head for me, I do like the looks of their 12v line compared to most others but for what 12v's offer and what they offer, it isn't worth the money for me...

• Like 1

I bought the same kit but it was only $99 and it had one 2.0 and one 4.0. The drill is a powerhouse for its size. I have used it to drill half inch holes in steel. They both have performed flawlessly

I bought this same kit and for $99 it has been great. No complaints.

You guys just reminded me to register my Milwaukee 2604, can't forget that, otherwise Milwaukee may not honer the 5-year warranty ;)

Registration doesn't affect or start the warranty. For Milwaukee tools, the warranty period is calculated based on your purchase receipt from an authorized Milwaukee dealer. If you didn't buy from an auth. dealer or you can't find the receipt, the warranty period is calculated from the manufacture date code embedded in the serial number.

The moral of this story is: save and / or scan your receipts.

I have the 12v Impact driver and it stays in my truck.  I got it on clearance a few months back and more than worth what I paid.  I just ordered the 2x 4.0 h batteries as those are on sale now.  

This thing is great.  Used it numerous times and hasn't let me down yet.  

the drill ive used with the bosch spade bits I picked up, I drill 2 holes of every size into 1" thick pine and had no issues also went extremely fast. the self feeding helps obviously. I actually preferred applying slight back pressure so the hole was a little cleaner and I found there to be less tear outs at the end of the hole.