Mad's Chicken Coop

madman_us

wanted to share my work with you guys.

friend of mine addicted me with chickens. he has about 3 chicken coops with a bunch of chickens.

he picked up 10x 1 month old chickens from a breeder on friday. and i will get 4 to start with....never had chickens before.

they are about 5 inches tall.

i told him i need some time to build a coop - he gonna take care of the lil chicks and i can pick them up when im ready.

to keep the costs low i purchase 2x4s. cut off the rounded edges and ripped them in 1.5"x1.5" boards.

i browsed the internet for chicken coop designs and went then into the garage with actually no plans. just a picture in my head.

i kinda like building while i go.

so i started off on saturday with cutting, screwing and glueing.

finished on saturday with my first frame:

0710151919_zpsx62iowdd.jpg

in the evening after couple beer i thought about the design. yeah it will be big enough for 4 chickens but hey, were are in america - go big or go home, right?!

sunday morning:

i sliced it in half and made it bigger and couple more modifications. happy with the result:

0712152141_zps1yfrpdbr.jpg

0712152142_zpsqbor3vsr.jpg

thanks guys

Hey, great work. Any consolation, I start my plans the exact same way madman. What's the rear section for in your design?

those are nesting boxes. i gonna have 3 doors (for every vertical section) at the rear end to check and grab for eggs.

i already have some modifications in my head. gonna extend the coop again for more space haha.

pictures gonna follow.

Hey, great work. Any consolation, I start my plans the exact same way madman. What's the rear section for in your design?

It's boxes for the chickens to nest.

I love it man, pocket holes in a chicken coop.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk