Smoke Show

I had a buddy that pulled in a trailer while his house was being built. He said the heating and cooling was through the roof and the furnace ran constantly just to maintain. I could only imagine how hard a unit has to work to keep a trailer in Florida comfortable!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wow! Now that really blows! It's been super hot down there too. My Mom is really irritated because it's been so wet where she lives, but so humid at the same time, that her windows are constantly fogged over. My parents can't go kayaking. Not because of the 100 degree weather but the super intense thunder storms.

I had a buddy that pulled in a trailer while his house was being built. He said the heating and cooling was through the roof and the furnace ran constantly just to maintain. I could only imagine how hard a unit has to work to keep a trailer in Florida comfortable!

Yup, A/C is a must have all year round here, electric bills are about 300-500 a month and the mansions here are in the thousands. I'm worried about how much is damaged inside the trailer homes the electronics, appliances, and A/C units may all have to be replaced. Not to mention the main panels may be melted as well, but both homeowners have insurance so thats good news the bad news is they probably won't get full replacement cost if the items are to old. Won't know forsure until I replace the meters and turn power back on.

damn how did that happen did just over heat or the whole trailer caught on fire?

It may have been loose connections, or possibly animal related I will look for any remains when I go back to replace it. I have been getting a lot of calls like this with this being the hottest summer in awhile 100 degrees everyday and it rains everyday too.

Wow! Now that really blows! It's been super hot down there too. My Mom is really irritated because it's been so wet where she lives, but so humid at the same time, that her windows are constantly fogged over. My parents can't go kayaking. Not because of the 100 degree weather but the super intense thunder storms.

Same weather here 100 plus degree and rain and thunder storms everyday sometimes all day long. You can't even work outside without getting rained on, this is the worst time to live in Florida. 

That sucks!

The worst part is they have no power and theirs no sleeping outside to get some air because there's a million mosquitoes. I'm trying to work as fast as possible for them I'm getting the permits in the morning and getting an inspection the next day to go over what needs to be done. It's going to be a pain in the ass because the old setup is obsolete. 

didn't your wife want to move to Florida?

The worst part is they have no power and theirs no sleeping outside to get some air because there's a million mosquitoes. I'm trying to work as fast as possible for them I'm getting the permits in the morning and getting an inspection the next day to go over what needs to be done. It's going to be a pain in the ass because the old setup is obsolete.

Man that has to be rough. The mosquitos are bad here this year too. Hopefully you can get them up and running man. Good luck to ya.

. Man that really sucks bro hopefully everything goes smooth for u man.

I live about 30 miles south of you, if your electric bill is that high you're living in a block of swiss cheese. My bill for last month, the most I've ever paid, was $150 and I keep my house at 72f during the day and 68f at night. My house is about 1700ft^2 with 14ft to 10ft sloped ceilings.  

My house is newer built in 2008, concrete construction...but I could take my front door off the hinges and not pay 500/mo.

Also, it hasn't been 100f in Homestead since July 1942. I think you're counting heat index. 

Yup, A/C is a must have all year round here, electric bills are about 300-500 a month and the mansions here are in the thousands

I live about 30 miles south of you, if your electric bill is that high you're living in a block of swiss cheese. My bill for last month, the most I've ever paid, was $150 and I keep my house at 72f during the day and 68f at night. My house is about 1700ft^2 with 14ft to 10ft sloped ceilings.  

My house is newer built in 2008, concrete construction...but I could take my front door off the hinges and not pay 500/mo.

Also, it hasn't been 100f in Homestead since July 1942. I think you're counting heat index. 

I have seen some tiny swiss cheese old houses with 400 electric bill, my house is 26 years old and about 2200 square feet with sloped ceilings as well my bill is 250-300 a month. Yea I'm counting the heat index, you're one though cookie..lol

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this job nothing has happened..lol I got the permits and my work with inspection done but that's it. There is 4 insurance companies involved with this and none of them want to pay one claims wear and tear, another says its not part of the structure so its not covered. Its a mess and the people are still living there with no power, can't do any work unless someone pays.

Wow man that really sucks. What has the weather been like there? Hopefully it cooled off a bit for their sakes!

Its still in the 90's and rains everyday, we also have the remnants of Tropical storm Erika making a mess right now. Some people even lost power from the storm which was a surprise to me, I set up three generators this morning. I even loaned out my generator to a good customer of mine