Fuel 6 1/2 or Fuel 7 1/4 Circ saw??

Petro0311

I know some people like the blade being on the left on the 6 1/2 saw, but you can get more options and better pricing on the blades for the 7 1/4 saw. They both work great but your you doing more general framing all the time I would go with the 7 1/4

I have the 6 1/2" fuel circular saw. It's a great little saw for my needs. Runtime for a cordless is great, more then I imagined. I have a corded circular saw but haven't used it in monthes, the millwakee fuel has done it all. If I was a framer I would want a corded but for me the fuel does.

Blades are not as common but it's not a issue. Thier still carried at big box stores. You just don't see HD stocking the same variety as the 7s.

I'm not buying into all this cheaper blade stuff. How often do you people go through circ blades? I say buy the tool that suits you best.

I like a left-side blade, and prefer a lighter and smaller unit to lug around. Since it has the same power, the 6-1/2" is (and was) the obvious choice for me.

I'm not buying into all this cheaper blade stuff. How often do you people go through circ blades? I say buy the tool that suits you best.

I like a left-side blade, and prefer a lighter and smaller unit to lug around. Since it has the same power, the 6-1/2" is (and was) the obvious choice for me.

I agree buy the tool that best suits you.

For me it wasn't the price of the blade but the avaibilty. It's not a huge deal to me but I could see a drawback for some. I don't use my circular saw enoug for it to matter to me.

Also sometimes your gonna pay more upfront for a tool or accessory but if it helps improve the job it's worth it.

I think like those stating above blade selection is so much easier with the 7 1/4" plus it gives more incentive to eventually buy the m12 fuel circular saw for the little things. The 6 1/2" is super nice but it is in the middle and I'd rather have a 7 1/4" and 5 3/8". The 7 1/4" can cut anything and everything the 6 1/2" can but there are times the 7 1/4" will work where the 6 1/2" won't.

Well the 7 1/4" can cut anything the smaller saws can but reverse is not true. Buy the bigger one for versatility and ability to cut everything a 7 1/4" can. Later if you want comfort you can always get the m12 for smaller jobs. Having too big a saw won't prevent you from finishing a job, it only will fatigue you a little more from the weight, but having a saw too small will stop you in your tracks occasionally. I don't own an m12, I have an ancient ryobi 5 3/8" I threw a Diablo thin kerf on and it's great for small stuff to just throw around but the fuel 7 1/4" is my go to now for bigger stuff and it's not really heavy at all for the power and being 7 1/4. I will replace the Ryobi with a fuel m12 at some point though. It is nice to see they dropped the price of the 7 1/4" by $30 though.