What happened with the 2016 Ram pickup?!?1

DR99

As far as I know, the dodge group has reorganized their whole line up. So the dodge label is going to be cars, jeep will be their Suv lineup and ram will carry its own label for pick up. So I would assume the jumbo name badges are more of a marketing thing signifying their line up changes. I've always liked the Rams but that grill is fugly. The tailgate I could live with.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's only for the top level trim. The rest of the lineup is normal. I believe it's to indicate that you've paid over $60,000 for your truck, yay look at me. 

2017 is the new generation redesign, and I'm going to bet money the badging will be huge across the board. As said, everyone still calls Ram "Dodge", which really pisses them off because Dodge is looked at as a negative thing to a lot of older folks. 

Sorry guys. I drive a 2014 Tundra TRD SR5 but everyone knows I'm a Mopar guy. I've had two Rams. No rust, no motor problems, high quality trucks. My Tundra is a massive beast and has a higher tow rating but I still love the Rams. Of course my work car is Mopar (Charger) and pushing the better have of 450hp plus the special chip. This is my second one, it got replaced after six years of great use with the 2012 I've been using for the last three years. I will admit the large Ram front and back looks guard though. It should have the Ram on it. I don't like those grill cutouts either. I almost bought a Ram when I got the Tundra but cabin space, tow rating and its American made, made my decision over the Mexican made Ram. Still love them though :)

The only thing with ram and knowing I will start something here is they rot out in 4 to 5 years

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

See, this guy is a perfect example of my point. Brother RAM has only existed for 5 years, and I assure you none of them are rotting out. Get with the times. 

See, this guy is a perfect example of my point. Brother RAM has only existed for 5 years, and I assure you none of them are rotting out. Get with the times.

Doesn't matter ram and dodge is still apart of Chrysler so therefore it's the same wethere you call it dodge or ram any way they rot out if you don't get rid of them after 6 years not saying the motors are bad but the body and frame are

Doesn't matter ram and dodge is still apart of Chrysler so therefore it's the same wethere you call it dodge or ram any way they rot out if you don't get rid of them after 6 years not saying the motors are bad but the body and frame are

You are a fool if you really believe this. I mean historically yes, older models are prone to rust for sure. But this is a relic of the past, you can let go now. 

I have an 07' 1500, and I live in the Florida Keys. I'm between 10 and 150 yards from the ocean at all times in a tropical climate, which is as bad as it gets, no environment is harder than this all year round (can be argued that northerners deal with salt for a few months which accelerates rust but here it's all year round). I never wash my truck anymore or maintain it outside of fluids, tires, and brakes. Other than surface rust, my frame is entirely fine, no pitting or scale anywhere. My wiper arms are pretty rusty, but here that's every car or truck.

Only thing that has ever failed is I cracked a water pump and had it replaced before it blew at 90,000 miles and replaced the OEM battery 2 years ago.  

There's always exceptions to the rule, but based on what you're suggesting my frame would have split in half years ago in this environment. You're wrong. 

Go to ford

I like SuperDuty's but have no need for it, don't like Ford's 150's, style and interiors turn me off. My next truck will be a lease from whoever has the best fuel economy at the time for the best price. I'm loyal to Ram for ownership, have had a great experience but as a self employed business owner, leasing is the way to go, so brand loyalty isn't as important, just doesn't really matter. If the offerings match what's available now, It looks like an ecodiesel is leading right now. We'll see what Ford comes up with and what changes they make in the near future. 

I like SuperDuty's but have no need for it, don't like Ford's 150's, style and interiors turn me off. My next truck will be a lease from whoever has the best fuel economy at the time for the best price. I'm loyal to Ram for ownership, have had a great experience but as a self employed business owner, leasing is the way to go, so brand loyalty isn't as important, just doesn't really matter. If the offerings match what's available now, It looks like an ecodiesel is leading right now. We'll see what Ford comes up with and what changes they make in the near future. 

I know several people with Fords from the past ten years, rarely does one have an interior where the door panel's material isn't falling off. Maybe it's the Florida heat but it only seems to effect Ford. Shame too because I think ford has come a long way in quality vehicles.

I know several people with Fords from the past ten years, rarely does one have an interior where the door panel's material isn't falling off. Maybe it's the Florida heat but it only seems to effect Ford. Shame too because I think ford has come a long way in quality vehicles.

I don't know anyone with a Ford that they've kept long enough to see it happen, but I've heard of it. All the manufacturers have really got the physical quality of these trucks up to high standards as of late, it's electronics that are plaguing everything now. I don't know if I'll ever own a new vehicle, so many things to go wrong and rack up the bills past the warranty period. Need a computer to fix everything, parts are always backordered...not worth the headache I don't think. 

Fords hold up excellent in Texas. Mine is 5 years old (just paid her off yesterday) with 111,000 miles and it's still beautiful inside and out. Pristine in fact.

what is better is listening to them say ...."we offer 84 month 0% interest financing" and you say what if it's a cash sale.........

Cash offer didn't make sense at the time. The net price would have been more. Plus, I made more money on interest accounts than what I paid in interest. Cash isn't always the best answer.