Milwaukee 2763 vs snap on ct8850

NicholasShetley

I finally bought the Milwaukee 2763 and so far I am impressed. This thing is a beast so far but I haven't put it to a real test yet. I've only used it on tires so far but it takes them off without an issue so far. My classmate has the snap on impact and it has far less power than the Milwaukee. To me the balance is much better on the Milwaukee too. The snap on gun is much more nose heavy. I didn't notice much difference in weight though. The light is much brighter on the snap on gun but it doesn't stay on after you release the trigger. I also have some pictures comparing the two side by side. The Milwaukee is shorter but wider and the snap on is slightly angled.

• Like 2

The 2763 is a welcome addition to my garage.  My past arsenal of air impact's, socket handle pipes and torches are so far unused since getting the 2763.  I did not believe the torque numbers before I got it.  I figured maybe 500 lbs but not 700 lbs.  I'm a believer now!  

I've used this impact for about a week now and I have to say I am incredibly impressed with the performance of this gun. The power is right up there with the top of the line air impacts. The runtime is incredible too. So far I've used it to remove and install 4 sets of tires, change the sway bar end links on my friends car, and changed a wheel bearing/hub on an early 2000s Chevy one ton. It didn't hesitate on any of the bolts and it still had two of the four bars on the battery on it. I also shot a video of the impact removing some lug nuts that haven't been touched in a while and I'll upload it when it is done uploading. Overall I am very impressed with this gun. I doubt my air gun will see much use from here on out.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have some time off over the next couple of weeks and I might shoot some more in action footage. I'll try and compare it to my dads IR2135 and try it out on some tougher and bigger bolts too. Is there anything you guys would like to see? I can get some 5/8 lag bolts of you guys are interested.

• Like 3

Well this morning I was shooting the video of the Milwaukee vs the IR and I had a grade 8, 3/4 inch nut and bolt. I let the IR hit for 5 seconds on forward and tried to remove it with the Milwaukee but I guess the IR stretched the bolt and the threads were all rolled over so the bolt was ruined. The Milwaukee loosened it up though. I'll try to find another way to compare them.

• Like 1

Well this morning I was shooting the video of the Milwaukee vs the IR and I had a grade 8, 3/4 inch nut and bolt. I let the IR hit for 5 seconds on forward and tried to remove it with the Milwaukee but I guess the IR stretched the bolt and the threads were all rolled over so the bolt was ruined. The Milwaukee loosened it up though. I'll try to find another way to compare them.

Impressive!  Amazing the power these battery powered impact wrenches have.

I remember using my father's plug-in impact wrench years ago and not being very impressed.  So I decided to go with air impacts.  My 2763 has me neglecting those air impacts.

Impressive! Amazing the power these battery powered impact wrenches have.

I remember using my father's plug-in impact wrench years ago and not being very impressed. So I decided to go with air impacts. My 2763 has me neglecting those air impacts.

These things have amazing power. It loosened up the bolt almost immediately. I have the video if you guys want to see it still.

• 1 month later...

I tried to shear a 1/2 grade 8 bolt again and this time the bolt finally gave. I used two grade 8 nuts and a couple of washers. The bolt actually crushed one of the washers so hard that it made it break into a few pieces. The washer underneath it was bowed in a lot too. I have owned this gun for about three months now and I wish I would have bought it sooner. I have also used my classmates snap on a few times since then and I don't like it at all, it is super nose heavy and it will get hot just taking a set of tires off. I also ordered the gen 2 3/8 impact and it should be here early next week. The same classmate also has the snap on 3/8 18v impact and I'll try and get some pictures to compare the two.

• Like 2

Hands down Milwaukee is best all the way around, warranty, power, size, and price. Don't forget Milwaukee sells a protective boot for it.

I'll probably get it at some point. It has a couple of scratches on the nose and one on the plastic housing where it fell off the alignment lift but it only suffered cosmetic damage. Do they sell it in stores or online only?

I'll probably get it at some point. It has a couple of scratches on the nose and one on the plastic housing where it fell off the alignment lift but it only suffered cosmetic damage. Do they sell it in stores or online only?

Never seen the boots in the store only online. Not cheap either.