Which Husky Tool Box would you get?

DR99

I like the idea of getting the  $498 chest because its a lot of tool chest for the the money but pretty much all the drawers are shallow ones

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-13-Drawer-and-1-Door-Tool-Chest-and-Cabinet-Set-Black-HOTC5213B1OS/206157894

The 41" version is $448 but you get a little more variety in drawer sizes

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-41-in-16-Drawer-Tool-Chest-and-Rolling-Tool-Cabinet-Set-Black-HOTC4116B1QES/205080371

The normal 52" really isn't in the budget and isn't that different from the other one except for the door where the smaller drawers would be.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-18-Drawer-Tool-Chest-and-Rolling-Tool-Cabinet-Set-Black-HOTC5218B1QES/204825971

Any opinions?

im really liking the first one a lot and the price is really good looking for a box this size, I do quite a bit of mechanic work from home so this would be more than enough room for my tools at home and like chrisk mentioned that cabinet on the bottom right would be perfect for keeping my bigger power tools in oh and plus sticking a couple of TIA stickers on that Beatch would make it look even better!!  ;)

• Like 1

I don't think the shallow drawers are a bad thing, the metal on these are a little flimsy compared to others, even HF's boxes...I mean they work well, I have a Husky box but I don't know how well it will hold up to a lot of weight. You should take a look at the HF boxes, they're surprisenly good. If I didn't get such a good deal on my Husky box, I probably would have bought one from HF. I'm not sure how the prices on the HF boxes compare, I wasn't pricing boxes that large.

Then you can buy Craftsman or Snap On logos on eBay ;)

I definitely like the top two boxes though, I'd lean towards that 52" myself.

I don't think the shallow drawers are a bad thing, the metal on these are a little flimsy compared to others, even HF's boxes...I mean they work well, I have a Husky box but I don't know how well it will hold up to a lot of weight. You should take a look at the HF boxes, they're surprisenly good. If I didn't get such a good deal on my Husky box, I probably would have bought one from HF. I'm not sure how the prices on the HF boxes compare, I wasn't pricing boxes that large.

Then you can buy Craftsman or Snap On logos on eBay ;)

I definitely like the top two boxes though, I'd lean towards that 52" myself.

I heard good things about Harbor Freight boxes but I would be looking at spending more than twice at HF the 56" bottom is $799 and the top would be $429 I hear nice things but way more money than the Husky.

I haven't been to HD in the past couple days but I read on stuarts site that they will be bringing these guys back out for the holiday's and that bottom piece would make an awesome addition to your shop bro! 

One of the HD's by me has 22 of them

I heard good things about Harbor Freight boxes but I would be looking at spending more than twice at HF the 56" bottom is $799 and the top would be $429 I hear nice things but way more money than the Husky.

Ahh, I didn't realize they were that much more, like I said I didn't price those. What do you plan on putting in the box? You know, I was liking the 52" but those smaller/taller drawers in the 41" seem like they'd be nice. It also gives you some extra space for a cabinet or shelves.

I'm basic level back yard mechanic so some hand tools and sockets but other tools would be part of it like blades and everything I have a little cman tool chest that is just stuffed. I think I would go with the one with a door but its not like I'm ecstatic about it either.

I almost got the http://www.homedepot...3B1OS/206157894 one the last time I was at HD but I really don't have anymore room for it. Love the way it looked though and at that price it is a steal. 

I probably will end up getting that one its a steal of a deal for that price even better if I can get them to take 10% off Helps with the 6% sales tax we have in Michigan

I have the $598 52" version and I love it. I use the large bottom drawer for a lot of the miscellaneous power tools. I use the smaller deep drawer on the right for all of my impacts and drills. I just stand them up and have everything lined up. I would rather have the drawer space then the locker. The drawers fill up pretty quickly. 

I probably will end up getting that one its a steal of a deal for that price even better if I can get them to take 10% off Helps with the 6% sales tax we have in Michigan

.............get it Jason.....it's calling your naaameeeeee...... Lol!! I'm really thinking about jumping on this one to bro.
  • Like 1

This is my current one, it's been good to me but just out of space....

Let's see what is on the inside of that box Mike. As far as what box I would go with I would get the one with the cabinet for storage of power tools and possibly air tools.

Dude Nicholas I took almost everything out sat thinking this guy was gonna come pick it up :( I have it on offer up app but been getting a bunch of flakes I'm gonna load some pics to craigslist next, I'm trying to get rid of this one so I can buy that husky if and when I get the husky I will definitely upload pics when I fill it.