What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Picked up two of these for Christmas presents for my nephews.

IMG_0236[1].JPG

My last order before the 30% off went away. Bought in pairs they were $101.50 ea. Probably should have bought up the rest they had, but I am sooooo far over my tool budget this year, I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Man, we really do live in a global world. I already have one of the four speed drills, and it was produced in Germany. These two speed drills are made in PRC. The 4ah batteries are made in Korea. The 3ah batteries are made in Japan, and the 2.4ah batteries show as made in China. One of the Fein chargers I have was made in Germany, and the rest show as made in China. The super-cut I have is made in Germany, and in some of the other recent kits, from other brands that I have picked up, the different pieces in them come from all different parts of the world too.

I will say this though; I think the Fein tool cases that come with these kits are some of the best designed out there compared to any of the others I have picked up over the last five years.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JMG said:

Picked up two of these for Christmas presents for my nephews.

IMG_0236[1].JPG

My last order before the 30% off went away. Bought in pairs they were $101.50 ea. Probably should have bought up the rest they had, but I am sooooo far over my tool budget this year, I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Man, we really do live in a global world. I already have one of the four speed drills, and it was produced in Germany. These two speed drills are made in PRC. The 4ah batteries are made in Korea. The 3ah batteries are made in Japan, and the 2.4ah batteries show as made in China. One of the Fein chargers I have was made in Germany, and the rest show as made in China. The super-cut I have is made in Germany, and in some of the other recent kits, from other brands that I have picked up, the different pieces in them come from all different parts of the world too.

I will say this though; I think the Fein tool cases that come with these kits are some of the best designed out there compared to any of the others I have picked up over the last five years.

nice. where and how for $100?

Thanks to John, @JMG, I had to take advantage of the CPO stacked coupons!

I really needed a bench grinder, and although this was mfr in PRC, I'm hopeful Metabo specified tight tolerances. 

Don't know much about these, but it took over 2:30 minutes to wind down completely, if that means anything.

IMG_20161117_181958778.jpg

• Like 7

Yes lol, the Bluetooth one. Our 2790 at work is experiencing its soul slowly leaving its body. 

In that case, you should get one. I love it. I don't have any other brand radios to compare it to, but it sounds fantastic and has great volume. We drag mine everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wildroamer said:

I really needed a bench grinder, and although this was mfr in PRC, I'm hopeful Metabo specified tight tolerances. 

Don't know much about these, but it took over 2:30 minutes to wind down completely, if that means anything.

Harbor freight grinders take about 2 minutes to stop ??

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Just the usual wind down. My great grandpa's old Jet or maybe Delta takes about five minutes. It's a lot of rotating mass, good bearings, and no breaks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Sweet can't wait for my two to arrive.

Make sure you have two 9v batteries! My fuses were original or original-style replacement fuses. The funny thing is the sticker has the warranty expiration on it, it's only 271 months(22 years, 7 months) out of warranty!

What's funny is the spare leads I had were more expensive than I paid for the meter! I must say, it looks pretty odd with the Twistguard leads. I originally put TL71s with it but changed my mind. Fluke really needs to add "Rel" to their lower-end meters. At least they've improved the beeper loudness!

BTW here's the manual, it's military manual because obviously it's a military meter. Also note that it doesn't indicate on the DMM but it is a TRMS meter. http://radionerds.com/images/5/58/TM_11-6625-3199-14.PDF

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I too am a sucker for lights, 20% off eBay purchase for the stick light

IMG_20161118_173139712

Other things got at HD.... 2 for 1 tape measures, 2 graduated torpedo levels to try out, measure wheel...

Going to grab the Milwaukee level myself - where did you get the Milwaukee wheel ?

So this is not a buy, but a win! I was 1 of the 3 very very fortunate individuals to win the Metabo flat head angle grinder! This is my very first contest/tool win on this forum ever (actually my very first power tool win in my life)!! I'm going through some rough times & this win is by far the best thing that could of ever happened to me & get me thinking positive again! Thanks again to Metabo, the Tools In Action team & all of you on here & in this community! #tiacrew

Sorry the pics are crap, I'll take better ones tomorrow and pics. I have a cool video!

e0fb9029b649da0d19ae36f23146be52.jpg
b02f80ae0cddbd27264616e9a37ed7b7.jpg
dfe5e619cfef2994753576440ce692cc.jpg
ab1e0ad97d5cd91b4dc3b034e346eb96.jpg
834d93ba3c191e170af22feef28df8cc.jpg
a682fdc981fbb333134efa5829b6c32c.jpg
09947247a3d5dc0b02ebc92e0cbc10c5.jpg
90934e97101ebae50cf2bd984bf4af72.jpg
5a3c56b36d0d040eef3645e8c1721472.jpg
96b94f9946abf497a8e89e4dffa5e69b.jpg
06639986051006c343c83d44084f15b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

So this is not a buy, but a win! I was 1 of the 3 very very fortunate individuals to win the Metabo flat head angle grinder! This is my very first contest/tool win on this forum ever (actually my very first power tool win in my life)!! I'm going through some rough times & this win is by far the best thing that could of ever happened to me & get me thinking positive again! Thanks again to Metabo, the Tools In Action team & all of you on here & in this community! #tiacrew

Sorry the pics are crap, I'll take better ones tomorrow and pics. I have a cool video!

That's awesome man, I think everyone was expecting pictures too of course hahahahGlad you got it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SevenOddosFence said:

Going to grab the Milwaukee level myself - where did you get the Milwaukee wheel ?

Home Depot.

Really like this Milwaukee level! It's compact but the vial is the largest I've ever seen on my plumbing levels. I can't wait to actually use this one lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

Awesome man! I'm soo jealous but I'm glad that it went to a great forum member!

• Like 1