What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Just now, olletsocmit said:

was this one the the 3 that were won?  I won one, but have not gotten any packages yet

No, I picked this up from CPO on their 30% off clearance stacked with the 11% off vetsday coupon this last weekend. Manufacture date of 2014. Been on someones shelf for awhile.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bremon said:

To my surprise the NWS I browsed at lee valley are significantly cheaper than Knipex. Approx 20% or more. Very tempting to get the contractor pack but I'll start with the fantastico. Glad I held off on Knipex comfort grip diagonal cutters. My 8" Knipex snipes came from Amazon today; the needlenose was stabbed through the packaging. Pliers in a bubble mailer...

I made use of my new NWS pliers today. Needle nose, side cutters and linesman. SUPER nice. Definitely the best pliers I've used. You wont regret getting them I can assure you of that

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JMG said:

No, I picked this up from CPO on their 30% off clearance stacked with the 11% off vetsday coupon this last weekend. Manufacture date of 2014. Been on someones shelf for awhile.

lol mine are 2013 :< batteries are 2015 though, 2014 2013 and early 2015 are the ones you want, the ones that are made 2016 are made with cheaper materials (Plastic Vs metallic, Opened one up, sent it back to CPO so they could send me another) as they were aquired by hitachi.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, plumbfitter said:

I made use of my new NWS pliers today. Needle nose, side cutters and linesman. SUPER nice. Definitely the best pliers I've used. You wont regret getting them I can assure you of that

You guys cost me money, but you're good people lol. I appreciate the advice and info on new brands. Happy to add more quality tools manufactured in fair working conditions to my collection. That I end up with duplicates to compare and contrast...well everyone needs backups. Who knows what could happen :P I will agree with the idea that NWS pliers are a bit "ugly" compared to some of my Knipex. A bit space age, like Hitachi cordless lol. NWS looks rugged and industrial though, despite how durable the comfort grips are I subconsciously try to baby the Knipex stuff because it's expensive and seems a bit dainty lol. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bremon said:

You guys cost me money, but you're good people lol. I appreciate the advice and info on new brands. Happy to add more quality tools manufactured in fair working conditions to my collection. That I end up with duplicates to compare and contrast...well everyone needs backups. Who knows what could happen :P I will agree with the idea that NWS pliers are a bit "ugly" compared to some of my Knipex. A bit space age, like Hitachi cordless lol. NWS looks rugged and industrial though, despite how durable the comfort grips are I subconsciously try to baby the Knipex stuff because it's expensive and seems a bit dainty lol. 

The Irwin NWS look soo much better! At least the normal NWS is high visibility! The bent linesman are some of my most used non-precision pliers.

• Like 2

I got the following in the pics below plus a 1x5" and 1x2" both 6 feel long in sanded pine. This is what I am planning on using to make a small coffee table top. I was going to alternate sizing.

In regards to the crag wood pieces they don't tell you what what they're made of or if they're stainable, just can be painted. is there anyway I can get them in Pine?

956a2e06404137051113ea383e4a4202.jpg
b1d9e77ea27f2f112ea6091a0ea6355c.jpg
36b3fc24fbeb5871153dfadb5509b373.jpg
7ffeee84e0d06f07edb59665211ad784.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just bought the Dewalt DCK283D2 kit with the DCF887 impact and DCD791 drill finally upgraded from my ni cads only thing so far is there is no place to put extra bits unless I spend $11 on Amazon and get 2 bit holders to screw on to one of the belt clip spots image.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Logan said:

Just bought the Dewalt DCK283D2 kit with the DCF887 impact and DCD791 drill finally upgraded from my ni cads only thing so far is there is no place to put extra bits unless I spend $11 on Amazon and get 2 bit holders to screw on to one of the belt clip spots image.jpg

Your gonna love that new kit Logan!! Great buy bro!

Nice, was that the one at HD for 40? I almost got the set. Let me know how they are 

Yeah, that's to $40 set. I have used them before and really like them. My favorite part is the quick change mandrel. Very handy to swap out in a hurry between different sizes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Grabbed a 15 piece hole dozer kit this morning on promo...also picked up a DCK283D2 on sale with a third 2.0 thrown in. Going to sell or gift most of it but I'm keeping the 791. I'll ditch my 796: have a 996 for concrete. Tempted to pick up the Bosch pimp cube for 20% off and free battery. Tough call; Black Friday is coming up, and some NWS and a brushless mitre are both calling my name!

• Like 2

Grabbed a 15 piece hole dozer kit this morning on promo...also picked up a DCK283D2 on sale with a third 2.0 thrown in. Going to sell or gift most of it but I'm keeping the 791. I'll ditch my 796: have a 996 for concrete. Tempted to pick up the Bosch pimp cube for 20% off and free battery. Tough call; Black Friday is coming up, and some NWS and a brushless mitre are both calling my name!

So is the Bosch pimp cube the PB360?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1