What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

4 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

The PDF file showed the manual printed in 1946. Still researching but I'd say between 1945-1955

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

that will be a sweet looking drill press when you have fully restored it........would love to have that in my shop......sure looks like it is well built compared to my new little desk top...

that will be a sweet looking drill press when you have fully restored it........would love to have that in my shop......sure looks like it is well built compared to my new little desk top...

That was one of the reasons for getting it. I could have gotten a newer craftsman or ryobi but they didnt seem sturdy and have any heft. I'm not sure if I want to do a full resto on it or take it apart, clean and leave the patina on it. Decisions decisions!

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

That was one of the reasons for getting it. I could have gotten a newer craftsman or ryobi but they didnt seem sturdy and have any heft. I'm not sure if I want to do a full resto on it or take it apart, clean and leave the patina on it. Decisions decisions!

the way I see it not old enough for patina, so butter this cup up ......it will be gorgeous 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Shoot I thought that was automatically applied at checkout dnagit

I got mine applied to two tools and just received an email that the order shipped... But they only shipped one of two, billed me for the entire order and show the other as out of stock (clearance item). So I get to find out how messed up they might be about billing and shipping and discounts.

• Like 1

Last week my local hardwood and woodworking store had a open house going on. Different demos and reps from Triton, Fein, sawstop, festool, and more. They were running sales on Triton tools which made it basically home depot pricing. Picked up the 3.25 HP router for my router table that I want to build into my wing of my table saw. This will eliminate the need to buy an expensive lift. Also got a shaker style Whiteside bit set on sale as well. The Fein rep gave me a sample blade to try as well. I also exchanged the 24" Bessey parallel clamps for 31" clamps for the extra room. I have plenty of non parallel 24" clamps.

0e27dc565fbdc00ed3f4c1a3df1cbb50.jpg
eff4be9045dbe3231ce21553921b43ef.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, overanalyze said:

So far a lot! Comfortable grip, maybe a touch quieter than our Bosch 110v model, love the variable speed trigger for better control when starting delicate cuts.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Really wish it had a dial sometimes instead of a lock at high speed

Last week my local hardwood and woodworking store had a open house going on. Different demos and reps from Triton, Fein, sawstop, festool, and more. They were running sales on Triton tools which made it basically home depot pricing. Picked up the 3.25 HP router for my router table that I want to build into my wing of my table saw. This will eliminate the need to buy an expensive lift. Also got a shaker style Whiteside bit set on sale as well. The Fein rep gave me a sample blade to try as well. I also exchanged the 24" Bessey parallel clamps for 31" clamps for the extra room. I have plenty of non parallel 24" clamps.

0e27dc565fbdc00ed3f4c1a3df1cbb50.jpg
eff4be9045dbe3231ce21553921b43ef.jpg

Sweet deal rich interested in your thoughts in looking for a good plunge router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet deal rich interested in your thoughts in looking for a good plunge router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For just plunging I would probably look at the smaller version. The 3.25hp is pretty large. Still in the box at the moment. Talked with the Triton rep for a while about them. I would also look into the bosch. It was between that and this one. Going this route was a $100 save in price minimum. Hd still has the Bosch on sale through the end of the year for $189 I believe.

• Like 2