What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

34 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

Electricians don't like to carry 2 tools to do one job. I have armored cutters that never get used. Cable cutters don't like BX very much.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ive had good luck cutting BX with my cable cutters. Mind you, I use them rarely as Im not usually wiring things unless Im replacing a water heater or unit heater or something. Everyday use may be a different story

My grippers finally came in from their promo last month. Buy the regular gripper and get the upgrade kit for free. Max of two so of course I got two. :) Ordered direct from microjig so they just sent the upgraded ones instead of two standards with the upgrade kit. 8c44cc1793b04bdc9deb9c488ad1f7ef.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

6 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

IMG_20161112_122756565

I have these hole saws for 1-1/2" and 2" PVC, should have just bought the whole kit then, but now I just had my boss buy me all this. From acme. Still waiting on the m18 compact blower, backordered. 

All the plumbers and electricians I run into swear by lenox, they say its the ease of removal compared to any other brand, that true?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

I found this this site where they sell custom fit kaizen foam inserts for your organizers/tool boxes.

i might try these out when I pick up another Milwaukee organizer

http://kaizeninserts.com/

Yep, that's what those are, I see now by the ig post it's not exactly apparent that's what he's using but yes that's the website!

8 minutes ago, pancing said:

All the plumbers and electricians I run into swear by lenox, they say its the ease of removal compared to any other brand, that true?

So I should clarify, that milwauke arbor is pathetic, I use the lenox arbor in these hole saws, I used lenox hole saws for long time before these, these destroy the lenox for speed and ease of drilling and life span and being able to sharpen them. 

For metal, I say use the lenox if course these big hawg hole saws don't work in metal but they will cut through nails pretty easy. And there's only 3 teeth to resharpen. I'm done with the conventional style like lenox for drilling through wood as well as self feed "chipper" bits as I've said many times before, I'm sure most here are tired of hearing it by now lol!! 

Milwaukee does make an arbor like lenox now, too bad they didn't include it with this kit since I'm just going to throw this one away....

Now the next thing I want to check is the quick change arbor like Bosch and diablo use for their hole saws, I just recently learned you are able to use their arbor with the standard hole saws!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pancing said:

Also, disregarding the arbor situation, these Milwaukee hole saws and those similar to these are much easier to remove the plug from than the conventional ones, regardless of how easy you are used to the lenox, these are 10x quicker, the plug just falls out. 

10 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Now the next thing I want to check is the quick change arbor like Bosch and diablo use for their hole saws, I just recently learned you are able to use their arbor with the standard hole saws!

Yeah but the adapters are pretty expensive and you can't nest a set of hole saws so they take up a ton of space.  Probably still worth if for someone who uses hole saws like you do though.

Also, are these new?  I don't recall seeing them before and mistook them for the new Diablo ones at first

http://www.homedepot.com/s/milwaukee%20carbide%20tipped%20hole%20saw?NCNI-5

16 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Also, disregarding the arbor situation, these Milwaukee hole saws and those similar to these are much easier to remove the plug from than the conventional ones, regardless of how easy you are used to the lenox, these are 10x quicker, the plug just falls out. 

ah thanks for clarifying, i know nothing about hole saws tbh the closest thing I've come to using that's like a hole saw on a daily basis is a core bit for hilti core drills.

• Like 1

From AMCE's 15% off  sale this week.

IMG_0233[1].JPG

I have an old corded Milwaukee polisher that is a bit over ten years old, and I wanted to see how this one would compare. It looks like I will need to invest in some new polishing pads that will work with this one before I can answer that question. In the TIA video about this unit, Pat mentions how the placement of the speed control is a bit of an issue and could have been placed further up on the body of the tool, and I 100% agree. Outside of that, the fit and finish of the polisher gets top marks, with the possible exception of the battery mount. So far, the four M18 fuel tools I have purchased this year all have sloppy battery mounts, and in this day of CNC production and computer design, I wonder at the reason behind Milwaukee's decision to leave so much clearance between the battery and tool.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, JMG said:

From AMCE's 15% off  sale this week.

IMG_0233[1].JPG

I have an old corded Milwaukee polisher that is a bit over ten years old, and I wanted to see how this one would compare. It looks like I will need to invest in some new polishing pads that will work with this one before I can answer that question. In the TIA video about this unit, Pat mentions how the placement of the speed control is a bit of an issue and could have been placed further up on the body of the tool, and I 100% agree. Outside of that, the fit and finish of the polisher gets top marks, with the possible exception of the battery mount. So far, the four M18 fuel tools I have purchased this year all have sloppy battery mounts, and in this day of CNC production and computer design, I wonder at the reason behind Milwaukee's decision to leave so much clearance between the battery and tool.

I've always wondered that. I've never used a Milwaukee tool that didn't have a loose battery. The only thing I can think of is that either they want the option of large tolerances to allow for minute variations in size between the tooling at each factory. It is either that, or it is so the battery goes on and off easier. I don't know if you already have Metabo stuff, but if you don't when you get them you will see that they are at the complete opposite side of the spectrum. They have ridiculously tight batteries. I love that about the tools, but you do kinda have to think about what you are doing when putting the battery on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stercorarius said:

I've always wondered that. I've never used a Milwaukee tool that didn't have a loose battery. The only thing I can think of is that either they want the option of large tolerances to allow for minute variations in size between the tooling at each factory. It is either that, or it is so the battery goes on and off easier. I don't know if you already have Metabo stuff, but if you don't when you get them you will see that they are at the complete opposite side of the spectrum. They have ridiculously tight batteries. I love that about the tools, but you do kinda have to think about what you are doing when putting the battery on.

I just picked up my first Metabo cordless tool this week (scroll up), and while the battery is a solid mount, the fit and finish of the tool body is not what I generally expect from German manufacture. I was planning on starting a thread about it some time in the near future as there are a number of issues that jump out at me with the tool, but I am still gathering my thoughts on it.

• Like 1