What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

13 minutes ago, pancing said:

Nice! thats pretty :D If I wasn't such a tight ass about finding tool deals and only buying when they're on clearance or special I'd have everything I want lol!

Thanks, This is by far the most expensive tool I have purchased.

19 minutes ago, pancing said:

Eh well i really, really need a miter saw. I cannot cut straight lines on a circular for the life of me without a level or a fence. Corded ones are around 150 ish anyway well the sliding 7 1/4 ones at least so i figured i may as well get a cordless one because of its weight!  When they said this thing was light i didn't think it would be this light lol.

I agree, the best feature on that saw is how light it is. Also the e-brake is really fast, which saves a lot of time if you wait for the blade to stop before lifting the blade back up.

On 10/27/2016 at 8:31 PM, Grumpy MSG said:

I was in the Roanoke Wood craft store last week and the Automaxx clamps had a minor redesign. The newer clamps have a cover over the spring. Take a look: https://www.kregtool.com/store/c28/project-clamps-and-face-clamps/p388/6-wood-project-clamp/

Interesting, can't say I see a reason for that. I hope they do a better job securing the grips.

On 10/31/2016 at 1:07 AM, BMack37 said:

Interesting, can't say I see a reason for that. I hope they do a better job securing the grips.

The store employee said he heard something about possible copyright/ patent infringement. The thought I had about it was I know a lot of folks would put a finger in between the handles of old school Vise-Grips, to release them, I could see where doing that with the exposed spring might lead to some fingers getting pinched.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Where from?

you get the $25 off deal? Acme tool and Toolnut have the new Subcompacts now

161026-Makita-Blanket-Promo-Nov_LPBP.jpg

Nah, I bought it from Daves Tools on EBay. The Makita 25 off doesn't apply to either of the new Makita black tools :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pancing said:

the dude with his gf or wife's chest in all the pictures?

Yes. The one with the woman with gigantic knockers holding tools close to her cleavage in an embrace of power tools, flesh and wanton need to smoosh them together!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Yes. The one with the woman with gigantic knockers holding tools close to her cleavage in an embrace of power tools, flesh and wanton need to smoosh them together!

I guess selling tools is how he paid for those massive things!! I bet she gets bored taking all the photos though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I guess selling tools is how he paid for those massive things!! I bet she gets bored taking all the photos though.

Dude, I seriously doubt that! They are like the White Mountains here. They MUST be photographed!!!!

Lmao. That is even better than I imagined. "Tools! Boobs! 'Murica! and... uhh... free shipping!" The founding fathers would be proud :D

To contribute to the tool gluttony around here... my fuel braking grinder came in. Also bought yet another package of speedbor spade bits. Quality seems decent for the price ($25 CAD for 17 spade bits; Milwaukee wants $30 for less than half the amount of bits). Love the threaded tips on the daredevils though.