What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

43 minutes ago, Bremon said:

@KnarlyCarl single 2.0s are $99 here. Only way to get a deal on them is in certain kits. Power tool life in Canada is rough lol. 

wow that's crazy, looks like it's time to buy them here then sell them in Canada and cash in the profit LOL

• Like 1

Decided to order a Dewalt DNP618 edge guide for my 611 compact router. I had ShopYourWay points expiring plus bonus points. Retails for $16 on Sears and Amazon, CPO wanted $22 before it's Presidents Day sale, and Acme wants $25. Cost me $7.91 after points and over $4 of that was shipping. It's always better when I can find things that have free shipping, but I can't complain when it's half price.

spin_prod_ec_658937001.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

How do you like those vice grips? I recently picked up 2 pairs of the black and yellow Stanleys.  I bought a pair of Milwaukee but took them back as I pinched my finger the first time using them. :)

I really like Knipex(Germany) and Grip-on(Spain) locking pliers, they're soo smooth and the jaws have no slop. These particular Grip-ons are the first I've had where the jaw is misaligned, I might try to bend them into alignment, I'd normally exchange them...but I'm going to use these little guys soo infrequently it's not worth the hassle. I bought them because I had a need and ended up using some regular pliers because I only had normal sized and larger locking pliers. These are 5"

Grip-on also makes Snap-on's and Urrea's locking pliers.

18 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice looking box, @Kale and I see you tape your cans together too, good haha makes life easy.

I really like that idea of having material/consumables like your glue in the same box as the relevant tools!

Oh yea I put some more tools in there too it will work out great for my indoor jobs 

This little gem showed up today. I also did some torque testing on it and it would not loosen a 3/4 inch bolt torqued to 600 ft lbs. I'll get a 7/8 bolt next week and try it again. It is still incredibly powerful though. 
image.thumb.jpeg.0ae06215e7fc728b5edc4159c827b7e0.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.2a4109da09f7b7253a8fa6e599b676aa.jpeg

Nice! What was it rated to but bust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'm planning on buying this 31071d20-b2f2-4c33-bf07-3ca60eb0696e_1000.jpg
Anybody know how good it is?

It sucks! It's good for vacuuming out a vehicle and cleaning up small amounts of things like saw or drywall dust but that's about it. The filter also clogs quickly. The M18 vacuum is a lot more handy and has stronger suction so it will pickup larger chunks.

• Like 2

It's ok I just got one it's got a small canaater and filter, not great for dust but good for bigger stuff

Now I'm wondering if my cousin messed her's up somehow because when I tried it I couldn't get it to suck up bigger pieces of material but it did ok on most smaller things like saw dust.

Now I'm wondering if my cousin messed her's up somehow because when I tried it I couldn't get it to suck up bigger pieces of material but it did ok on most smaller things like saw dust.

Clogs quickly with dust, now I'm talking like wood shavings size pieces not marbles lol

It's ok I just got one it's got a small canaater and filter, not great for dust but good for bigger stuff

Also sucks(haha) on small copper wire bits! I wish I had just waited for the m18 to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boss got all us guys the Klein 6-1 nut driver, my guess is he got a screaming deal on them because nobody wanted them ON ACCOUNT OF NOT INCLUDING A 1/2" NUT DRIVER... seriously Klein, someone fell asleep at the desk on this one.

3/16" is a strange size for us in the mechanical world, can't think of the last time i used that size

IMG_20170222_093745609

• Like 3

Boss got all us guys the Klein 6-1 nut driver, my guess is he got a screaming deal on them because nobody wanted them ON ACCOUNT OF NOT INCLUDING A 1/2" NUT DRIVER... seriously Klein, someone fell asleep at the desk on this one.
3/16" is a strange size for us in the mechanical world, can't think of the last time i used that size

32699477610_c73067eb86_b.jpg  

Same here! I thought about buying one to keep in my Tp4, but then I looked at the sizes and said NOPE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 hours ago, Milwaukee_man_stan said:

I'm planning on buying this Milwaukee M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Compact Vacuum (Tool-Only)

Anybody know how good it is?

I personally like mine a lot. I use it for sawdust, metal shavings, pet hair and my dog's torn up toys(stuffing, torn fabric, shredded rope). It's great for quick jobs and using it as such actually gives you pretty good battery life.

• Like 1

Guess what I bought at HD yesterday?

No not the vac at least not yet

008.JPG

I found out the compact tape isn't double sided :(

But the fractions might buy that one off

Other than that it's lanyard ready and an amazing tape thus far. :D

009.JPG

• Like 2