What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

12 hours ago, ChrisK said:

How are you liking the PDC?

I REALLY like it. It is smooth (also quiet) and extremely fast. With the heavy duty right angle chuck specific for it I have used in instances where a hole hawg would be used and it powered through it. It wasn't cheap and the new Dewalt 996 is a great value but I'm really liking it and no regrets. 

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I have those hitachi bits but they sit in the packaging, supposed to be really nice Dan uses them quite a bit

Got some T25's and love em, probably going to pickup the PH2's soon. They are only like $3.50 a pair at Menards right now.

10 hours ago, rdst_1 said:

I too have the Hitachi but still to use them. Is there something similar for Hexheads. I have to lay down sheets for the roofing but the screws available here have hexheads.

You mean a nut driver with magnets? The ones I use everyday like this:

MSH14_58.jpg..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rdst_1 said:

Yes, those are the ones I need. Will check out for Bosch ones as they will be easier to come across here in India, especially metric ones that I would need.

If you have trouble finding them, try to find deeper nut drivers and buy some small magnets and epoxy.

• Like 1

so I'm motoring thru Home Depot today, minding my own business and came across a deal for some kind of promo free battery crap.......the usual buy a tool get a free battery...well I see they don't have the battery that was free so my thrift mode kicks in ...I say umm ya do you have a free battery if I buy a tool?, knowing they don't the guy says I'll get my manager.....so he comes over and says ya we don't have a battery but go pick a tool of your choice and I will reduce the price by $100 sound ok?.....lol 

so for $69 I picked this puppy up......

20170511_161941.jpg

20170511_162522.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, comp56 said:

so I'm motoring thru Home Depot today, minding my own business and came across a deal for some kind of promo free battery crap.......the usual buy a tool get a free battery...well I see they don't have the battery that was free so my thrift mode kicks in ...I say umm ya do you have a free battery if I buy a tool?, knowing they don't the guy says I'll get my manager.....so he comes over and says ya we don't have a battery but go pick a tool of your choice and I will reduce the price by $100 sound ok?.....lol 

20170511_161941.jpg

20170511_162522.jpg

Well done!

On 5/8/2017 at 11:47 AM, Bremon said:

The DCS575 doesn't disappoint; it's ridiculous ?? 

Ordered the FlexVolt table saw and joist drill today. Was going to get the blower but I'll wait a month. Don't like seeing the savings drop much at a time lol. Also ordered a Freud Industrial blade for the saw. Running out of FlexVolt to buy!

I recommend getting the ego blower. The power claims are no joke. It might even be better than some gas models.

1 hour ago, comp56 said:

20170511_161941.jpg

20170511_162522.jpg

no adjustable shoe?

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

no adjustable shoe?

No adjustable shoe on the Hackzalls. They are basically meant for short blades cutting EMT, etc. 

Is Ego truly that awesome? The blower is on sale right now with a second battery. I'll have to see if it's the latest model. Was attempting to stay away from new batteries but they seem to have the only serious cordless mower around. The FlexVolt string trimmer was a stupid cheap deal so I don't regret getting that rather than Ego. Blower prices are similar. 

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

No adjustable shoe on the Hackzalls. They are basically meant for short blades cutting EMT, etc. 

Is Ego truly that awesome? The blower is on sale right now with a second battery. I'll have to see if it's the latest model. Was attempting to stay away from new batteries but they seem to have the only serious cordless mower around. The FlexVolt string trimmer was a stupid cheap deal so I don't regret getting that rather than Ego. Blower prices are similar. 

The one I got was the 530 cfm unit with turbo button. Where did you see it on sale? I have used a handful of blowers all gas. One was even a backpack blower. I would say the Ego may even outdo some of them in power. The Ego is my first handheld blower with a rear intake and the feel is different than a side intake blower. All the hardcore gas ope users may change their mind if they use this blower. It is able to blow air at least 30 or so feet with decent power. I did a not so scientific test inside the house haha. In a better test I could blow off the driveway (2 car) after mowing in very little time. I would estimate less than a minute.

39 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Been keeping my eye out still clearanced to 72 bucks

They had 3 M18's and 3 M12's last time I was at the closest HD, and this was all that was left today - $35. Even though I have an M18 already, would have preferred another of those, but it's an hour's drive, so can't get out there often enough to really keep on top of the clearance stuff.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, comp56 said:

20170511_161941.jpg

20170511_162522.jpg

Woah! Nice grab you got there.... I got mine about three years ago and I love it. I use it all the time, plus the power is pretty good for a 12V as well.

FB82

4 weeks to ship the Makita sub compact drill from the USA to AUS. It was $240AUD (~$150USD) including shipping and 2 x 2.0ah batteries (also not sold in AUS). Well worth it. It's a better drill than the Metabo imo. 

IMG_20170511_144541.jpg

IMG_20170511_151504.jpg

IMG_20170511_144453.jpg

• Like 3