Cordless mitersaw

Kenneth Denmark

Short answer:

The one of which you have batteries

Longer answer:

Correct me if there's something wrong in here. Didnt add the milwaukee because it doesnt exist in belgium.

cordlessmitres.png

No point limiting it to ' One battery ' only.  These saws are almost never gonna be bought by 'new' uers but only by those already invested in the platforms.

• Like 1

Right now the Dewalt is dominating but that could change real quick, metabos good but they don't have the name recognition, Makita looks awesome but the downfall is two packs are needed, which isn't really a downfall.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Dewalt and I really like it. I looked at the Makita but I don't have any Makita batteries and why would I want to lug around the extra weight. I get plenty of run time out of the one XR 4.0 battery.

Regopit, your liking the 4.0 with it? On a project is it lasting most of the day?

Regopit, your liking the 4.0 with it? On a project is it lasting most of the day?

For the most part I can go all day on one battery. It's not like you are making rip cuts and running  for extended amounts of time I use it mostly for trim work but I have used it for other things.  You see guys saying they can get x amount of cuts but that also depends on how long you hold the trigger before and after the cut.  

I'm all about the Dewalt, I was I think the first member here to get it. Works great, but a battle is needed. The main advantage of the Makita is RPM, pushing nearly 2K more RPM than the Dewalt...but I have a feeling that to get to that speed, the motor actually provides less torque than the Dewalt, and the least bit of resistance brings the RPM down to Dewalt's level. I could be wrong, and that's why we need the battle.

• Like 1

Hugh jass ! I have the Makita in my store. It upkeeps its speed without any problem.

If you start pushing it in big hardwood pieces then it starts bogging down for half a second before the ' automatic speed change' tech kick in and the motor automatically shifs into a higher gear to upkeep the torque !

It really is stronger/faster then corded compact mitre saws.

Hugh jass ! I have the Makita in my store. It upkeeps its speed without any problem.

If you start pushing it in big hardwood pieces then it starts bogging down for half a second before the ' automatic speed change' tech kick in and the motor automatically shifs into a higher gear to upkeep the torque !

Seems the engineers saw my complaint coming. Impressive.

• Like 1

I'm all about the Dewalt, I was I think the first member here to get it. Works great, but a battle is needed. The main advantage of the Makita is RPM, pushing nearly 2K more RPM than the Dewalt...but I have a feeling that to get to that speed, the motor actually provides less torque than the Dewalt, and the least bit of resistance brings the RPM down to Dewalt's level. I could be wrong, and that's why we need the battle.

Could be an advantage of the 36v platform. More power and torque than a regular 18v can muster.